HSU Research Forum (HRF)

HSU Research Forum (HRF) (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/index.php)
-   Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   World's First HB-1 MK2 review (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthread.php?t=7537)

Pete_Hsu August 18th, 2008 12:03 PM

World's First HB-1 MK2 review

Did anyone catch the world's first HB-1 MK2 review over at www.stereomojo.com ? :)

Truly a great review, and very entertaining to read too.

cacihome August 18th, 2008 1:42 PM

WOW!!! Pete congrats you guys won another award!!!

Congrats!

Can we expect a ULS-15 review soon?

tdekany August 18th, 2008 10:23 PM

Very nice review!

Yan December 20th, 2009 5:38 PM

Hello everybody!
Two questions :)
Is it possible DIY to biamp this speaker by adding two more posts and bypassing internal XO? (I'm good with soldering pen :D)
How to hang it like surround in better way? I mean back port witch doesn't allow to attach it directly to the wall.

Yan December 22nd, 2009 4:26 AM

One more question:
May I put my TV set directly on top of HC-1MK2?
Size of TV stand matches nicely. Weight of TV is 41.2 lbs.

Thanks in advance! :)
correction of mistyping :)

Mikkle December 23rd, 2009 6:41 PM

Quote:

Eventually I found out that an in-wall version of this speaker is coming out at some point and that he likes cinnamon muffins.
Any ETA for the in-wall version? I'm in the market for in-walls right now and would really LOVE to order a pair of those!

DavidD December 23rd, 2009 6:59 PM

Already in stock. Check the web site.

cali December 23rd, 2009 9:10 PM

bestcovery.com review

I am surprised VTf-2 MK3 is on 5th place, what is your saying?

Lwang December 24th, 2009 7:02 AM

That seem to be self proclaimed expert consumer review. Some catagories like best under $300, $2000 and "money can buy" catagories are by professionals. The overall catagory (along with some others) are just by hobbyist. You even have catagories with one entry, so either the so called expert thinks that one sub is head and shoulders above the rest or that person has limited exposure to different subs.

Even the expert reviewer seem to have completely different list of subwoofers from their March 2009 list. I don't know what that could mean, but for all 5 top subs to disappear from the list and replaced by 5 completely different subs, either new ones are leapfrogging the old ones so fast or there is some other reasons.

Mikkle December 28th, 2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidD (Post 52919)
Already in stock. Check the web site.

Got it, thanks! I had actually noticed those on the site a few weeks ago, but did not realize Peter's original post (and the HB-1 MK2 review) was from 2008 :)

I'll probably order a pair of HIW-1's this week.

shadyJ October 18th, 2011 7:37 AM

Just an FYI, the HB-1s just received a good review from a online publication called Positive Feedback.

Pete_Hsu October 19th, 2011 12:57 PM

Great review, thanks for the link shadyJ, many thanks to Steve for the kind impressions!