HSU Research Forum (HRF)

HSU Research Forum (HRF) (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/index.php)
-   Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new member: VTF-2 MK4 sub on the way! (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthread.php?t=95252)

ozar February 11th, 2012 10:51 AM

new member: VTF-2 MK4 sub on the way!

Hi, guys! :)

Just wanted to introduce myself as I await the arrival of the valentine's present that I recently purchased for myself (VTF-2 MK4 sub). This is my first Hsu subwoofer ever, and it's supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, Feb 14th. It'll be replacing the JBL PB10 that I've been using for many years, so I'm expecting quite a boost in overall performance. It will be used almost exclusively for home theater purposes.

I'll post back once it's been delivered, setup, and is churning out some big bass sounds!

razzy February 12th, 2012 8:53 AM

great man congratulations!

OZZ February 12th, 2012 11:06 AM

I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.
You have a larger sub with more power with a bigger driver and the capabilities to tune it to your preference.

Pete_Hsu February 12th, 2012 9:35 PM

Congrats oz, welcome to the forum!

moparz10 February 13th, 2012 11:27 AM

grats ozar,welcome.

ozar February 13th, 2012 2:11 PM

Thanks for the welcome, guys! :cool:

If all goes well, I'm hoping to be able to add a second VTF-2 MK4 when finances will permit it, and of course after the spouse has been calmed down over me purchasing the first one. :D

OZZ February 13th, 2012 5:13 PM

Just play her favorite movie with it then her favorite song then do it again without it if she was like my wife the sub got an immediate approval rating.

ozar February 14th, 2012 4:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZZ (Post 132704)
Just play her favorite movie with it then her favorite song then do it again without it if she was like my wife the sub got an immediate approval rating.

Good day, OZZ

Unfortunately, I'm probably fighting a losing battle trying to make her agree that anything sounds or looks better than the other. She's argues that watching movies on a standard resolution TV set looks the same to her as in HDTV, and she says music sounds just as good on her iPhone (without earplugs) as it does on a top notch hi-fi system. Clearly, her head was assembled with one or more defective components!

I don't plan to give up, though...

OZZ February 14th, 2012 8:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozar (Post 132706)
Good day, OZZ

Unfortunately, I'm probably fighting a losing battle trying to make her agree that anything sounds or looks better than the other. She's argues that watching movies on a standard resolution TV set looks the same to her as in HDTV, and she says music sounds just as good on her iPhone (without earplugs) as it does on a top notch hi-fi system. Clearly, her head was assembled with one or more defective components!

I don't plan to give up, though...

You could just simply ask her if she wants you to be happy as you are leaving the shoe store never really understood women and the shoe thing.

ozar February 15th, 2012 6:15 AM

The new sub arrived as scheduled yesterday and seems to be in perfect condition. I've connected it and played around with it a bit, but have a long way to do as for tuning it properly. It sounds great, but my SPL meter is supposed to arrive in another day or two, and I can tweak it a bit more then. This sub is about 3 times as large overall as the JBL PB10 that it's replacing, but that's fine with me.

OZZ February 15th, 2012 3:42 PM

Try playing Tron Legacy and make sure you don't have things that can vibrate off shelves.

ozar February 15th, 2012 6:50 PM

Yeah, that should be a good one, and there are some good bass tones in Fellowship of the Ring too, especially during the Balrog scenes.

london23 February 26th, 2012 7:24 PM

Just received my VTF-2 MK4 too. It's unbelievably good. Huge upgrade for me. I'm moving up from a 10" Mistusbishi I got about 12 years ago when I put together my first home theater. You are going to love it. I highly recommend the Green Day American Idiot concert dvd to show off what this sub can do and help select the right setting. I have one port open and sel 2. The Green Day dvd has really high quality sound for a concert DVD and prominent kick base driving throughout almost every song. Someone else mentioned Lord of the Rings, which although has high production sound, to me seems like they turn the volume way up every time there is action, like TV does for commercials, so it is very hard to get sound settings on it. The Star Wars prequals have better and more consistent sound in my opinion. Enjoy!

OZZ February 26th, 2012 8:18 PM

Congratulations and have you listened to DSOTM Pink Floyd since I noticed you enjoy music and if you are really old school Fleetwood Mac's O"Well
lots of bass for its time.

ozar April 5th, 2012 7:56 AM

Just ordered another VTF-2 MK4

I'm liking that first VTF-2 MK4 so much that I've just ordered a second one so that will give me a really great pair of subs!

Okay, I'm now fully stoked! :D

Dr_Hsu April 5th, 2012 1:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozar (Post 133250)
I'm liking that first VTF-2 MK4 so much that I've just ordered a second one so that will give me a really great pair of subs!

Okay, I'm now fully stoked! :D

Congrats!

ozar April 5th, 2012 2:30 PM

Not only that... I ordered earlier today and just now got the shipping email that it is already on its way! How's that for super speedy service? :cool:

Thanks for the fine subs, Dr_Hsu!

Dr_Hsu April 5th, 2012 3:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozar (Post 133263)
Not only that... I ordered earlier today and just now got the shipping email that it is already on its way! How's that for super speedy service? :cool:

Thanks for the fine subs, Dr_Hsu!

That you have to thank our fine crew that tries to get orders out ASAP. You are most welcome. I enjoy designing the subs. Nothing like making your hobby your job! :p