HSU Research Forum (HRF)

HSU Research Forum (HRF) (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/index.php)
-   Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   thinking buying the VTF-1 MK3 (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthread.php?t=96115)

boyer April 30th, 2019 4:06 PM

thinking buying the VTF-1 MK3

I keep going from one to another with these subs. I been out of audio for a long time, when I was last in it there just wasn't many subwoofers around here. Now since getting my JBL L100T's out of storage and repaired with new crossovers I may add a sub. One thing that worries me is all the shipping cost that could be involved if problems happens with the HSU. The two subs I looking at (only online) are theVFT-1 MK3 and the SVS PB-1000. They seem to be about the same or very close. Has any on here had issues with the HSU? So much different information out there, guys over on the Lansing forums tell me that these subs while they may go lower will never have the clean bass the L100T's produce.......Thanks

Kevin_Hsu May 1st, 2019 1:48 PM

If for some odd reason, something were to happen in the future and you need to send it in for repair, both the driver and amp can be easily removed from the sub so you do not have to send the entire subwoofer in.

boyer May 4th, 2019 9:23 AM

That would make it much better, after some more research think I will scratch off the VTF-1 MK3. Spoke with guy with same mains as me and he found that
sub offered very little. Guess I'll start over again with my search..read up on the VTF-2 MK5 and PB-2000
thanks

ATL May 5th, 2019 5:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyer (Post 137035)
...Has any on here had issues with the HSU?

I can only tell you that I bought two ULS-15's (DualDrive) in 2013 for a 2-channel satellite/subwoofer music-only (no HT) system. Less than 3 years later in 2016, the amp in the right sub failed. I returned the amp for repair. About a year after that in 2017, the amp in the left sub failed. I have since moved in a new direction.

Judging by the posts in this forum, my experience may be an anomaly.

Good luck, and happy hunting.

boyer May 6th, 2019 6:59 AM

Those BASH amps is another thing that has me concern a little, maybe that is why only two year warranty ? I think I read the BASH amps are okay if you don't push them very hard. Maybe there will be a sale soon, for what ever reason I just can not pull the trigger on one of these right now.

boyer May 22nd, 2019 2:31 PM

I notice you guys have VTF 2MK5 in B stock, but there isn't any pic of that Sub. Would be nice to know and see why the reason for B stock.

Kevin_Hsu May 24th, 2019 3:46 PM

Usually when there is a b-stock, that means the sub has a minor blemish. It could be light surface scratches/markings/etc. Unfortunately, the sub sold almost immediately as soon as we put it up.

boyer May 28th, 2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Hsu (Post 137042)
Usually when there is a b-stock, that means the sub has a minor blemish. It could be light surface scratches/markings/etc. Unfortunately, the sub sold almost immediately as soon as we put it up.

Okay, thanks for the information. I'll will keep checking for the B-stock or if I decide on something else. If they are only light surface scratches..ect I could live with that.

Kevin_Hsu May 28th, 2019 3:47 PM

I'll keep your info on file if we do get one.