HSU Research Forum (HRF)

HSU Research Forum (HRF) (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/index.php)
-   Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HBs with CCB 8 for HT & Music (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthread.php?t=96123)

HTRMikeD August 11th, 2019 8:58 AM

HBs with CCB 8 for HT & Music

Hello everyone. It's been about 10 years since I bought a STF 2 to go along with my Infinity Primus HT setup and I'm back again!

So my old set is over with and i'm looking to build a new one. The STF 2 blew away everything else in my budget so now I'm thinking VTF 1 with 2 HBs to start with either the center HC or another HB for center.

I want to add 2 CCB 8s for fronts later and was wondering if this is a config. that would work.

I 'm in a space that 19x10 with 2 open doorways. on either side of the room.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Kevin_Hsu August 12th, 2019 3:59 PM

Hi there,

Were you planning on getting a CCB-8 for the center channel later on?

HTRMikeD August 13th, 2019 9:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe, but it's a process. If the center deivers on what it is supposed to then no. If the effects DON'T move accross the front then I'll get a third CCB8 OR. A center that works.

The 2 hb's will go to surrounds.

I can recycle left over Primus stuff to start...c25 and 2 p150s

Yea. It's going to be a process.

I included a floor plan in case any want to see.

Mike

Kevin_Hsu August 14th, 2019 3:53 PM

If you're able to place the HB-1 vertically and keep the tweeter around ear height, using the HB-1 Mk2 as a center should work quite well. Otherwise, I would just go with the HC-1 Mk2 as the center and they should work quite well together. One thing to note about the CCB-8's is that they are a bit different in timbre than the HB-1 Mk2's, specifically in the mid-highs. The CCB-8's tend to be a bit more forward/detailed than the HB-1 MK2 and HC-1 Mk2's. For movie listening, it may not be that noticeable as the material that goes to the left/right is a bit different from the center, and most of the material is being reproduced by the center anyway. For music, if you like to play out of all three speakers, then you may end up noticing a slight difference there.

HTRMikeD August 17th, 2019 2:29 AM

Thanks for the input.

When it come to music I'm 2.1 stereo all the way.

One question on sub size...i uploaded a floor plan and I'm thinking the 10" vtf is enough. I had the stf2 and it blew away the primus 12" sub. The new place has wood floors and the old place was carpeted closed.

So I'll start w/hb-1s and sub. Recycle the primus stuff for rear/center then move on to ccb8 for fronts hb1s go to rear.

I have to upgrade the center sooner or later do I'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

Thx
Mike

Kevin_Hsu August 19th, 2019 3:21 PM

If the system is being used for strictly 2.1 channel music, then the VTF-1 Mk3 should be OK if you tend to listen to moderate levels. If you tend to like a lot of bass, or listen to louder output levels, my recommendation would be to go with a bigger sub like the VTF-2 Mk5.