HSU Research Forum (HRF)

HSU Research Forum (HRF) (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/index.php)
-   Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Attn Canadian Residents!!! (http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthread.php?t=2386)

Pete_Hsu December 12th, 2006 9:19 PM

Attn Canadian Residents!!!
 
Attention Canadian Residents,

I am proud to announce that we are shipping factory direct to Canada with our new product line!!!

Please see this thread for information on the new products:

http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2381

To order:

Send an email to sales@hsuresearch.com, including:

a. Full name
b. Shipping address
c. Phone number related to shipping address
d. Phone number so that you can be reached during business hours
e. Model number(s) of products you are interested in purchasing

_mulder December 13th, 2006 11:39 AM

Thanks Peter. I already have a VTF3-mK2 but I was seeing all these great new products coming out these days and felt that us up here were being forgotten. That is great news.

Subusr December 13th, 2006 4:04 PM

That is good news.:)

colinlewissmith December 17th, 2006 10:19 AM

taxes
 
Anyone one had experience with taxes/duties when importing factory-direct for HSU?

regards Colin


Quote:

Originally Posted by Subusr
That is good news.:)


Subusr December 19th, 2006 4:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinlewissmith
Anyone one had experience with taxes/duties when importing factory-direct for HSU?

regards Colin

I've had experience ordering other speakers from the US; UPS likes to add about $50 (brokerage fee) on top of the duties and shipping fees already paid.

pbcsd December 20th, 2006 5:57 PM

I sent an email to HSU and they replied that the landed cost from Fedex would be about $1,250US (which includes shipping, duties, PST, GST, brokerage fees) without Turbo and $1,400US or so with turbo.

Add Fx to that and you're looking at the $1400CDN w/out turbo and $1600 CND with turbo for the VTF3-HO.

GrantK December 20th, 2006 8:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbcsd
I sent an email to HSU and they replied that the landed cost from Fedex would be about $1,250US (which includes shipping, duties, PST, GST, brokerage fees) without Turbo and $1,400US or so with turbo.

Add Fx to that and you're looking at the $1400CDN w/out turbo and $1600 CND with turbo for the VTF3-HO.

I was quoted the following (emailed form home):
-------
VTF-3 HO: shipping cost is $318US
VTF-3 MK3: shipping cost is $271US
-------

I sent a similar email from work, and this is the response I received:
-------
VTF-3 MK3 US$649
S&H US$255 (landed cost, which includes
duties, GST, PST and brokerage fees, delivered to your door by FEDEX)

TOTAL: US$904

VTF-3 MK3 with turbo US$749
S&H US$281(landed cost, which
includes duties, GST, PST and brokerage fees, delivered to your door by FEDEX)

TOTAL: US$1,030
-------

I'm not sure why I was quoted 2 different shipping costs for the VTF-3 MK3.

In the first email, I said my shipping address was in Toronto. In the second message, I gave my exact address (in Thornhill). I can't believe it costs less to ship to Thornhill than it does to Toronto (though maybe it does?).

Grant

pbcsd December 21st, 2006 9:09 AM

I'm in Richmond Hill and the quoted shipping costs including PST/GST/duties/brokerage were:

$318 (no turbo)
$424 (with turbo)

Now remember, the HO is also $200 more than the MK3 so there is another $30 or so in taxes alone.

Not sure why Thornhill would be different than TO, unless the depot for Fedex is much closer to where you are.

Regardless of the fact that it's pretty expensive to ship these to Canada, it's nice to see HSU giving us a "landed cost" versus some ID companies where you have no idea what the duties/brokerage fees will be until it shows up at your door!

Cheers.

pbcsd December 21st, 2006 9:16 AM

Interesting comparison, the VTF3-MK3 w/out turbo is US$313 cheaper for us Torontonians. Hmmm ... newer driver and amp versus much better value and pretty similar performance ... hmmm ....

GrantK December 21st, 2006 7:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbcsd
Interesting comparison, the VTF3-MK3 w/out turbo is US$313 cheaper for us Torontonians. Hmmm ... newer driver and amp versus much better value and pretty similar performance ... hmmm ....

VTF3-MK3 sounds like a better deal :)
$300US = $345CAN (US dollar seems to be going up, or Canadian dollar is going down).

I could buy a few DVD's with that savings.

GrantK

pbcsd December 24th, 2006 8:41 AM

I hear ya on the extra $345 or so. Not overly concerned about it. Will be interesting to hear what Craig and others say about the performance of the VTF-3 MK3. I like the fact that the HO uses a newly designed driver and amp, I believe the VTF series driver/amp combo is about 4 years old now?

Plus for me the Turbo is pretty much out of the question due to WAF, and the HO I've heard gives more performance < 30hz which is what I'm anxious to improve upon.

If you do go with the VTFMK3 and I go with the HO, we live only a few minutes from each other, we'll have to compare for fun!

cschang December 24th, 2006 9:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbcsd
I like the fact that the HO uses a newly designed driver and amp, I believe the VTF series driver/amp combo is about 4 years old now?

There was a new amp introduced about 2 years ago, and the driver has gone through refinements.

pbcsd December 27th, 2006 11:21 AM

Peter, how does the return policy work in Canada? I.e., is return freight covered?

Also, same question on "warranty" work, if required? Say for intsance, if a new driver or amp needed to be installed, what would the process be?

Tx

GrantK January 2nd, 2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbcsd
Peter, how does the return policy work in Canada? I.e., is return freight covered?

Also, same question on "warranty" work, if required? Say for intsance, if a new driver or amp needed to be installed, what would the process be?

Tx

I too would be interested in the answer to these questions (more concerned about the warranty question). Could we send the driver, or amp to the distributor (it may be difficult to find a local dealer), or do we have to send the defective driver/amp back to HSU?

wongmb January 29th, 2007 5:40 PM

anyone upgrading in the GTA area
 
If any of you from the GTA area are thinking of upgrading and selling your existing HSU, please email me at m.w@rogers.com

Denis January 30th, 2007 5:56 AM

I got my STF-3 from a place in Quebec.. got it last week shipped to my work on the east coast.
Great service, shipping and price.

wongmb January 30th, 2007 6:39 AM

Denis:

Can you give me the info of the place you got it from ? You can email me at m.w@rogers.com. Thanks

tafguy April 13th, 2007 8:48 PM

Very good news! :)
HSU sub rocks!

Mutnat May 4th, 2007 2:28 PM

I just ordered one of the last few VTF3-MK2's from electronicsforless.ca yesterday and am very much looking forward to receiving it!

I have heard though that the MK3's are no longer available through either of the Canadian sources (EFL and superteck) now? Is that true? If so, how come? It costs an arm and a leg to ship these heavy subs up from the US to an individual, and the brokerage fees and whatnot will be nuts.

I know there are a lot of us Canadians who shy away from buying things out of the US for these reasons, and prefer to seek out a Canadian source. If I hadn't been able to get an HSU through EFL or some other Canadian source, I probably never would have bought one. Just my $0.02!

None-the-less, I'm very much excited about my purchase and the impending retirement of my Infinity PS12. :)

Cheers,
Scott.

BrassMonkey July 24th, 2007 11:24 AM

Peter,

Firstly, I want to thank you because I very much appreciate that Hsu is willing to ship to Canada. You even go so far as to provide us with the landed costs. The numbers can add up pretty quickly, but shipping and import fees are hardly the fault of your company. Given the circumstances, I think the landed costs are very reasonable.

Unfortunately, what is holding many of us back is our concern about after-sales service. Without an authorized Canadian dealer, I have to ask how you handle returns, exchanges, repairs, etc. Shipping a near 100 lb. insured package back and forth across the border can be cost prohibitive.

Thank you and I look forward to your response. I would love to get a Hsu VTF-3 HO with Turbocharger. :)

Pete_Hsu July 24th, 2007 6:36 PM

Hi BrassMonkey,

It's really not as bad a proposition as people may think. Most of the time, if something goes wrong, it will be either the amplifier or the driver. So there is usually no need to send the entire subwoofer back to California, but rather just the amp or driver.

Hope this helps ease some concerns.

Sincerely,

photon July 26th, 2007 12:47 PM

How long does it take to get a reply? I emailed that email address almost two weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Getting to the point that I need to order soon as my basement reno is moving along quickly now. :)

Pete_Hsu July 26th, 2007 5:06 PM

Hi photon,

Do you mind PM'ing me your email address? In the meantime, please try sending an email to techsupport@hsuresearch.com , and copy sales. It's possible that the email got filtered out somehow, but who knows, I'll look into it. My apologies!

Sincerely,

photon July 27th, 2007 9:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Marcks (Post 26620)
Hi photon,

Do you mind PM'ing me your email address? In the meantime, please try sending an email to techsupport@hsuresearch.com , and copy sales. It's possible that the email got filtered out somehow, but who knows, I'll look into it. My apologies!

Sincerely,

Yeah, I was starting to think it was something like that :)

PM sent.

andythomas October 1st, 2009 8:58 AM

shipping small but heavy items
 
Check out UPS Supply Chain solutions. When it comes to international shipping of relatively small items that are heavy and subwoofers fall into this category, UPS Supply chain solutions offers very competitive rates, much less expensive than regular UPS. We use them regularly with our water treatment business

JSF13 December 1st, 2009 4:44 PM

Shipping quotes.
 
How long does it normally take to get a shipping quote from HSU?

Tandrin March 18th, 2010 2:01 PM

I got a quote within a day and additional replies as quick.

For a VTF2 mk3 I got a shipping quote of $200 from California to Anchorage, AK (Fed Ex hub). Since I just got 3 speakers from Chicago with Fed ex 2 day for $130 US, I find that paying 30% extra just for shipping a little too excessive and something that drives my ultimate buying decision.

Pete_Hsu March 18th, 2010 8:26 PM

I agree that the shipping cost is high to Alaska, but we simply quoted what was given to us by the shipping software. It is possible that the shipping on your speakers was heavily subsidized, and/or the dimensional weight on those is far smaller than a large subwoofer such as VTF-2 MK3.

FYI, one can always make arrangements to use a freight forwarder such as Ship to Alaska to ship more economically to AK.

CrazyCalvin April 17th, 2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete_Hsu (Post 20557)
Attention Canadian Residents,

I am proud to announce that we are shipping factory direct to Canada with our new product line!!!

I'm a bit confused. Is only the VTF-3 MK3 available for shipping to canada or are other models available also, i.e. stf-1. And what kind of shipping costs should i expect for such heavy products?

Pete_Hsu April 17th, 2010 11:13 PM

Hi Calvin,

Please send an email to sales<at>hsuresearch<dot>com. All of our speakers and subwoofers are available to Canadian residents.

Sincerely,

TheNit April 21st, 2010 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCalvin (Post 60206)
I'm a bit confused. Is only the VTF-3 MK3 available for shipping to canada or are other models available also, i.e. stf-1. And what kind of shipping costs should i expect for such heavy products?

Calvin

I just took delivery of an STF-1 and I live in Southern Ontario. The STF-1 was on sale for $254 (USD) and it was shipped USPS/Canada Post. It took 10 days to arrive. The shipping was about $95 (USD) and Canada Customs added another $57 (Cdn)[6.5% duty + PST/GST].

eye eye November 24th, 2010 6:13 AM

I am anxiously waiting for a shipping quote for the VTF-2 MK3, VTF-3 MK3 to southern Ontario as well. I have the itch. Does HSU Research ship to a US post office box, as I am minutes away from Buffalo?

Deromax November 24th, 2010 3:28 PM

I have done just that, yesterday! You need to register the US shipping address on your credit card approved address list (a fraud protection measure). Then phone-in or fax your order, as the HSU online form won't accept foreign addresses.

Sputter November 24th, 2010 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNit (Post 60446)
Calvin

I just took delivery of an STF-1 and I live in Southern Ontario. The STF-1 was on sale for $254 (USD) and it was shipped USPS/Canada Post. It took 10 days to arrive. The shipping was about $95 (USD) and Canada Customs added another $57 (Cdn)[6.5% duty + PST/GST].

Tomorrow will be a week of VTF-15H goodness. I'm surprised I haven't got the duty/tax bill from Fedex yet.

lradden November 24th, 2010 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sputter (Post 79554)
Tomorrow will be a week of VTF-15H goodness. I'm surprised I haven't got the duty/tax bill from Fedex yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, the might hear you:D.

Sputter November 24th, 2010 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lradden (Post 79558)
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, the might hear you:D.

lol yah, no kidding. It's just that a number of people are waiting for me to get the grand total..

Jim

Corfius December 3rd, 2010 12:21 PM

I ordered a VTF-15H on wednesday. I see some of you did the same in Ontario (I'm in Quebec). How long did it take to get there ?

Mine still hasn't shipped but I suppose it's going to ship later today or monday. Just hoping I can get it right before the Holidays :D

TheNit December 3rd, 2010 12:27 PM

I live just outside Hamilton, Ontario and it took 10 (consecutive) days to be delivered, using USPS and Canada Post.

Sputter December 3rd, 2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNit (Post 80907)
I live just outside Hamilton, Ontario and it took 10 (consecutive) days to be delivered, using USPS and Canada Post.

That's a long time, though I used Fedex and it was 5 or maybe 6 days (door to door) I'm in Bowmanville btw.

I still haven't been billed by Fedex for the taxes and it's been just over two weeks. :eek:

Enthused December 3rd, 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sputter (Post 80910)
That's a long time, though I used Fedex and it was 5 or maybe 6 days (door to door) I'm in Bowmanville btw.

I still haven't been billed by Fedex for the taxes and it's been just over two weeks. :eek:

I'm hoping for the same luck as you. My 15H should be here next week and not getting charged additional fees would be an early Christmas gift :D

Babber January 14th, 2011 2:22 PM

Hi,

1st time home theatre build.....currently looking for a sub and from reading reviews, comments, etc. am interested in HSU subs; in particular the 'VTF-15H'.

Though being totally brand new to all of this and before I shell out my hard earned money, how would one go about hearing this sub in action before purchasing if you live in western Canada?

Thanks.

Sputter January 14th, 2011 2:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babber (Post 92498)
Hi,

1st time home theatre build.....currently looking for a sub and from reading reviews, comments, etc. am interested in HSU subs; in particular the 'VTF-15H'.

Though being totally brand new to all of this and before I shell out my hard earned money, how would one go about hearing this sub in action before purchasing if you live in western Canada?

Thanks.

Short of knowing somebody nearby with one there isn't.

Babber January 14th, 2011 2:35 PM

Yeah, I kind of thought that.

Well, if anyone lives in Kelowna, BC that would be interested in showing off their sub, let me know.

Thanks!

Enthused January 14th, 2011 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babber (Post 92500)
Yeah, I kind of thought that.

Well, if anyone lives in Kelowna, BC that would be interested in showing off their sub, let me know.

Thanks!

Come to Edmonton. That's only what...9 hours? :D

Babber January 14th, 2011 8:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthused (Post 92517)
Come to Edmonton. That's only what...9 hours? :D

Ha...right on man. I actually used to live in Edmonton. Great town. Do you have the VTF15? You happy with it?

mathieu733 August 11th, 2011 4:07 AM

Do you know what are the shipping cost of the VTF-15, I live in Eastern Ontario and like to know what would be the cost of the VTF-15 before purchase.

Thank you

Ryan_Hsu August 11th, 2011 11:08 AM

Hi mathieu733,

Please send an email to sales<at>hsuresearch<dot>com, with your full shipping address and finish option for the VTF-15H and we'll work up a shipping quote for you.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Ryan

mathieu733 August 11th, 2011 11:53 AM

Thank you Ryan!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.