View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2012, 5:52 PM

subpressure is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hsu View Post
We suggests taking both port plugs out, EQ2 and Q=0.3 after Audyssey tuning, not put back the port plug.
Done, thank you.

Quote:
If the sub next to you bothers you, try placing it on the other end of the sofa.
I can try over the weekend (I need to move the whole sofa to put it on the other side, there's other furniture there now).

Quote:
How deep (front to back) is the room at the 'dining area' section? Can you sketch the whole area including the dining area and the area to the right side that the Sub Y position protrude into?
I attached the floor plan. X is where I feel pressure, Y is where it's not aesthetically pleasing (but may work) and Z is where I believe your recommendation is.

Quote:
This 'pressure' you experience - does it happen only on program with very low bass? Usually very low bass (30 Hz or below) gives a sensation of 'pressure' on your ears.
I'm not sure... I was just watching regular primetime TV.

Quote:
Remember to re-run Audyssey with the sub in the new location. Also remember to set the sub to one port open, EQ1, Q=0.7 before re-running Audyssey, and set it back to two ports open, EQ2, Q=0.3 after that.

What is the sub out level on the receiver after Audyssey tuning? If it's too low (e.g. - 13 dB), then you want to lower the volume on the subwoofer and re-run Audyssey so the sub out on the receiver is around 0 dB, +/- 5 dB.
Yesterday it was at -3dB, today I re-tuned Audyssey (since I bumped the volume control while moving it from Y back to X) with your recommendations and it's at +5dB.

With the floor plan attached, is Z still the best position? Ideally I would like it at X, but even with both ports open and set to EQ2, I feel pressure again today (also regular TV at low volumes).
Attached Images