View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2010, 8:38 AM

shadyJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT760 View Post
DAM SHADY THAT MUST SOUND VERY NICE.DO U HAVE PICS OF ALL SUBS? IS IT A OVER KILL HAVEING THAT MUCH SUB POWER ? THE REASON I ASK IS MY FRIEND SAYS THAT IF I BUY 1 MORE AND HAVE 4 SUBS IT IS A OVER KILL. BUT I TOLD HIM THAT I LOVE BASS ITS NOT LIKE IM GOING TO HAVE THEM AT FULL VOLUME.
I just have the pics of the VTFs which I posted earlier. It's not overkill if you love great bass! But they are in two different systems, so I am not using them altogether. The VTF's are in my home theater, and the ULS's are in my bedroom.

It's hard to say if another sub will be a big improvement for you. It's true that more subs will require less gain individually to reach the same SPL level in your room thus lessening distortion, but if you get another VTF, one thing to consider is how much harder those Klipsch subs will be working to keep up with the VTF's. For a cleaner sound overall, I would just remove the Klipsch subs and replace them with another VTF3. I would guess a single corner loaded VTF will be more powerful than two SUB 10's anyway. Multiple subs is a good thing, but when you mix powerful subs with much weaker subs, the weaker subs have to be driven much harder to make a significant contribution, and they could possibly be adding much more distortion to the sound than you would have otherwise. But I don't know how loud you typically listen to anything at, so that may not be an issue for you at all.