Old July 7th, 2010, 5:04 AM

nottaway is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT760 View Post
Attachment 1216

Attachment 1217

Attachment 1218

Attachment 1219

Attachment 1220WELL I HAVE HEARD THE MFW-15 WHO PEPOLE WERE SAYING THAT IT WAS BETER THAN THE VTF-3 MK3 AND CRAIGSUB RANKING RATED THE MFW-15 AT 103 POINTS AND THE VTF-3 MK3 91 POINTS. YA I THINK THAT PERSON WHO RATED THEM DIDN'T EVEN HERE THEM BECAUSE I TEST THEM WITH MUSIC AND WITH MOVIES AT THE SAME SENCE.THE MFW-15 WAS HITTING HARD AND DEEP BUT WHEN I PUT THE VTF-3 AFTER BY ITS SELF DAM THE VTF-3 MK3 WAS LOUDER AND DEEPER AND I PLAYED THEM BOTH TOGETHER . JUST TO GET THE MFW-15 AT THE SAME SOUND LEVEL AS THE VTF3 I HAD TO PLAY IT HOT AND THE 15INCH DRIVER LOOK LIKE IT COULDN'T TAKE THE PUNCH DONT GET ME WRONG THE MFW-15 IS A GOOD UNIT. BUT THE VTF-3 MK3 IS A BEAST AND WILL SPANK THE MFW-15 IN PROFORMANCE. BEFORE I GOT MY VTF-3 MK3 I WAS GOING TO GET THE MFW-15 DUALS BUT MY FRIEND WHO OWN'S THAT MFW-15 TOLD ME TO GO HERE THE VTF3 I WENT AND WHEN I HERD IT. I TOLD PETE ILL TAKE IT AND A OTHER THING I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE MFW-15 WAS THE PHASE AND THE CROSSOVER WHEN U MOVE IT AROUND. IT DIDN'T SOUND ANY DIFFERENT IT SEEM LIKE IF THOSE FUNCTIONS WEREN'T WORKING.BECAUSE WHEN I MOVE THOSE FUNCTIONS ON MY VTF-3 YOU CAN TELL A SOUND DIFFERENCE AND THE VTF-3 U CAN PUT IT NEXT TO A COUCH FOR NEARFILED. TO FEEL THAT DEEP BASS AND A CORNER AS WELL.THE MFW-15 CAN'T DO NEARFILED IT HAS TO BE NEXT TO A CORNER AND A WALL FOR IT TO SOUND GOOD. WELL THATS MY POINT OF VIEW ON HEREING THEM BOTH. HAVE ANY OF U GUYS HERD THEM BOTH?
Something is wrong with your comparison..... I had a VTF3-MK3 and bought a MFW-15 to replace it. The Hsu is an awesome subwoofer, but with a 12" woofer it doesn't have enough excursion to overcome the displacement handicap. 5-6db at 20Hz is A LOT. Furthermore the Hsu bottomed out frequently during low powerful scenes which the MFW has not.

Side note though: The Hsu worked flawlessly (1-2yrs) and ran cool no matter how demanding the playback was. I have replaced the amp on the MFW once already and its not a year old.