View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2005, 6:45 AM

Iceblade
I'd say I am about 80% HT, 20% music... though I hope once everything gets setup correctly in my theater that I will be closer to 50-50. My musical tastes are pretty much heavy metal and jazz... sometimes both mixed. I'm a progressive metal lover first. Some of the bands I listen to include Dream Theater, Symphony X, Vanden Plas, Soilwork, Arch Enemy and Evergrey. I also have ALOT of instrumental guitar cds from the late 80's, early 90's and today. Shred is alive and thriving in my house.

Movie wise, I run the typical action flicks that we've all seen talked about here. I don't get much use out of the theater lately since my DLP RPTV died a heinous death... but the new replacement should be here this Wednesday evening... so I am hoping for a very good out-of-box experience.

FWIW, I am running Paradigm Reference speakers all around... Paradigm Reference Studio 40 (LF, RF), Paradigm Reference Studio CC (C), Paradigm Reference ADP-450 (LSS, RSS), Paradigm Reference SA-25 Inwalls (Left/Right Back Surround), Samsung HL-P5685 56" DLP RPTV, B&K AVR507 v1.0 Receiver (1.4 firmware). My walls are untreated sheetrock painted to match a Kodak 18% grey card. I also use an Ideal-Lume 6500K bias light behind the tv.

Regs,
Jeff