Thread: 4th of July
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2009, 8:38 AM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystro View Post
Hi, Just some opinion if possible.
There is a 25% package discount for this Klipsch BookShelf RB51 model, making it to $1200 and with FS, is this any better than the Hsu Enthusiast package speakers and subwoofers? http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...stem-overview/

They look similar, but I think the klipsch looks more applealing though and their current discount also very attractive. Any feedback if possible, I am currently thinking of getting a set, any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure that one would notice a big difference between this system and our Enthusiast 2 system. The speakers are voiced differently and are different in design, and the VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer is one of the best subwoofers on the market in it's price range (it is +/- 1db from 16-200Hz when measured outside and away from reflective surfaces, and has very good output capability). So the real trump card here is the VTF subwoofer, but the HB-1/HC-1 MK2 speakers are unique too.

Note that companies that sell through retail stores always have a significant markup built in to their MSRP so that dealers can make some money on the systems. Our products and package systems have much less markup in comparison, so it's all relative! If sold through dealers, our products and package systems would probably be almost double the price of what we sell it for factory direct.

Sincerely,