View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2014, 2:38 AM

Vorian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME View Post
Don't put any speakers behind the TV. It will literally block the sound, causing significant harm to your sound. Is it possible for you to angle the front left and right speakers to point to the listeners? I'm not sure how you would do this, but it would probably help if you angled them down. Another option would be to move just the front and right speakers down closer to ear level.

As for the sub placement, your room is indeed difficult. Is your fireplace flu typically open? I think the placement you show is probably ok. It may work better to put it in the corner where the computer is, except that you would then need to move the computer somewhere else. Either way, it doesn't hurt to experiment if you are so inclined.

I don't think you'll want to run both subs together because the VTF-3MK5 is a lot more powerful. It can be done by setting the VTF-2 to a lower level, but then it won't contribute much anyway. Perhaps consider putting the VTF-2 in another room
Speakers as sitting now can't angle down, but I could try and see if I can get a wedge like piece of rubber for them to accomplish some angle (thinking something like this http://www.amazon.com/FloTool-11930M...0JF85AR JDTS7 ) The only other placement option would be higher up. Fireplace is natural gas with a small opening going outside, but otherwise is sealed off with a glass front. Moving the PC would be a pain, if only because all of my AV equipment is wired up through it on that side of the entertainment center. I don't have the VTF-2 anymore, so running dual subs wouldn't be in the cards, just the placement of the VTF-3 MK5.

From my last setup, I always had the sub next to the couch in back, but with this room being open and reading about how the center of the room was a dead zone, that is where I started questioning things. FWIW, after everything is set up I will be using my receiver to calibrate with Audyssey.

Last edited by Vorian : November 18th, 2014 at 2:42 AM. Reason: Added link for wedge