View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:35 PM

SME is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorian View Post
Speakers as sitting now can't angle down, but I could try and see if I can get a wedge like piece of rubber for them to accomplish some angle (thinking something like this http://www.amazon.com/FloTool-11930M...0JF85AR JDTS7 ) The only other placement option would be higher up. Fireplace is natural gas with a small opening going outside, but otherwise is sealed off with a glass front. Moving the PC would be a pain, if only because all of my AV equipment is wired up through it on that side of the entertainment center. I don't have the VTF-2 anymore, so running dual subs wouldn't be in the cards, just the placement of the VTF-3 MK5.

From my last setup, I always had the sub next to the couch in back, but with this room being open and reading about how the center of the room was a dead zone, that is where I started questioning things. FWIW, after everything is set up I will be using my receiver to calibrate with Audyssey.
Definitely try to angle the left and right speakers down, as much as you can without making them unstable. As long as the left and right speakers still point above the listeners heads, it will likely sound better to turn them up-side down, with the woofer on top and tweeter on bottom. Other than that, your placements are probably fine.

Is there room for the sub up front? I can't tell if the 10 foot wide box is your entertainment system or if you have room up there for the sub. Try to put it as close to the right-side wall as you can.