View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2010, 9:06 AM

Enthused is on a distinguished road
Smile

Greetings.

I've been a lurker on this forum since before I purchased my VTF3-MK3 over a year ago and finally decided to sign up. While I've thoroughly enjoyed the sub, I feel like I'm still missing something. I attribute this to an absolute nightmare of a room and I'm hoping someone may have some insight.

I have attached a quick floor plan of my multi-purpose theater room. The sub is between the front left and center speaker - under a 120" projector screen. The mantle of the rear corner fireplace only goes half way up the wall. Room dimensions are 24' L x 12' W x 9' H. The room opens up to the entire rest of the house via the stairs in the back, preventing any kind of "seal" on the room itself.

I've moved the sub up and down every wall in the room and I've tried nearfield placement. Regardless of what I've tried, there seems to be a lack of bass at the primary listening position (about 15' from the front wall).

Is there anything anyone can think of that may assist in my situation? Is it possible the sub simply doesn't put out enough to fill my large, unsealed room? I've contemplated a second VTF3-MK3 for between the front right and center speaker. Maybe that's the solution...which likely won't please the wife

I have actual pictures if anyone thinks that would be helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to read through this post.

Name:  room.jpg
Views: 18524
Size:  45.6 KB