View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2017, 6:30 PM

kinggimp is on a distinguished road
ULS-15 MK2 home theater performance

I currently own a VTF-3 MK4 and for the most part am happy with its performance. However, my room has a bad null centered around 80 hz. The null starts around 70 hz and extends to around 95 hz. I thought about adding a second sub like a VTF-2 MK5 or VTF-3 MK5 HP to fix the problem but both are pretty obtrusive in the location where they could go. They would stick out too far into my room. I have a open floor plan with only one actual corner in my living room. My room is someone large when you include the adjacent kitchen/dining room. About 6200 cubic feet. Ideally I would like to upgrade to dual ULS-15 MK2s due to the smaller footprint and similar performance to the VTF-3 MK4 . This is for a music/home theater setup. 60% music 40% movies. My only concern is how they will perform for home theater use. During movies I like to listen at or near reference. Should they produce enough 20 hz bass for action movies in a 6200 cubic foot room? Anybody use dual ULS-15 MK2s in a similar sized room?
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR706, Blu Ray: Sony BDP-N460
Fronts/Center: Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1, Rears: Ascend Acoustics HTM-200
Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK-4