View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2019, 5:04 PM

shaolin95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Hsu View Post
Hi there,

Unfortunately, we don't quite know how the methodology in how they got that response curve, so I cannot really comment on that. However, we do have freq response measurements on our site for all three of the subs listed (measured ground plane from 1 m away from the front baffle) and you will be able to see how one sub compares to the other in terms of freq response and extension. All three subs would be pretty similar in extension. I would say that the VTF-3 Mk5 HP would be a good upgrade if you're looking to get more clean output from 25 Hz on up. Below 20 Hz, both will fairly similar, with maybe a bit of a nod to the VTF-15H due to the larger cross-sectional port area (less port noise). The VTF-15H Mk2 will be the one to go with if you're looking for more improvement across the board. Still, the VTF-15H Mk1 is a great sub.
Well I can get an Mk2 from a local for around $200 on top of selling one of my Mk1 so I would end up with an Mk2 one Mk1 and the MFW15 all next to each other behind my seating sofa. Wonder how that combination will be...