View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2019, 8:07 AM

DS3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Hsu View Post
It really depends on your preferences. If you listen to moderate levels, I would say one VTF-2 Mk5 is a good start.

Hi Kevin, yes, I listen at moderate volumes (not reference level) but would like the deepest base and flattest line possible (don't we all?).

That being said, I'd like to pull the trigger soon and wanted to ask one more question as I really have put myself into analysis paralysis on this since I read that "you should buy the biggest/best sub you can" while also reading that duals are the way to go. I apologize for beating a dead horse...

My budget effectively allows for 1 VTF-3 Mk5 or 2 VTF-2 Mk5's, so if I were to go with one, it would be a VTF-3 Mk5, but wouldn't want to end up needing duals, because I can't afford 2 of them and it's really not cost-effective to return one VTF-3 for 2 VTF-2's once all shipping is paid.

I know I'm over-thinking this, but I'm trying to approach this from a "buy once, cry once" perspective because whatever I choose, I will likely be "stuck" with, as explained above. Which option is most likely to yield optimal results?

Thanks in advance.