Thread: In-wall options
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2019, 2:08 PM

graymoment is on a distinguished road
In-wall options

I am looking at in-wall speaker options at the moment while I have exposed studs in my house. I've had a 5.1 setup with (4) HB-1 MK2s, the HC-1 MK2 and and a ULS-15 MK2 subwoofer for many years now and am happy with the sound, but the space they all take up in the living room will not work with the new design (so I'm told by my better half). I largely agree given that this is a living room and not a dedicated movie room.

That leaves me looking for in wall options. I'm aware of the existence of the HIW-1 Speaker, but have seen very little in terms of audio quality comparison of it in comparison to the HB-1 (with an enclosure) or other in wall options. Can anyone who has installed these comment on them? Particularly if you have compared them to their HB-1 cousin?

Also, I saw a comment from HSU research on an AVI forum post from back when the CCB-8-S speakers were on pre-order, and it was mentioned that in in wall version of that speaker was in the works. It's been a while now. Can anyone from HSU Research comment on if those will be available anytime soon, and how big they'll be? The CCB-8-S speakers sound great, but I imagine half of that is accomplished because they have a monstrous enclosure.