View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2017, 4:38 PM
Administrator

Kevin_Hsu is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't say that you would need a tower for that sized room. Honestly, speakers have a much more directional element to it such that it really depends on how far you are seated from them, and how loud you like to listen to them in terms of playback levels. So we've had plenty of customers who have installed these into their room that was around 8000 cu ft, and it still provided them a good amount of clean output and imaging at their listening position. I'm assuming you are using an A/V receiver and the built in bass management, that does reduce the benefit of running towers as you can move the sub around the room to get a smoother bass response and it will handle the bass frequencies for you. The main benefit of going with the towers is if you like to listen to loud output levels as, depending on the design, they will give you a wider dynamic range. As Calypte stated, the HB-1 Mk2's do have quite a wide dynamic range as well and can handle pretty high volumes. I would say that for the large majority of our customers, the HB-1 Mk2's are plenty in that area. The CCB-8's have a larger driver (8") so it will be able to play a bit louder and cleaner than the HB-1 Mk2's. It also features a coax design with the cone and pole piece molded to a constant directivity horn. So that will mean that your off axis response, whether horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, will be smooth, musical, and consistent. They are a bit more forward, brighter, more detailed, than the HB-1 Mk2's, but I don't consider them overly bright. The HB-1 Mk2's are still a fantastic speaker and a great price point, so I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Calypte: We still go to shows, but we usually don't go to shows more than once a year. We are planning at exhibiting at AXPONA next year as we did this year. Unfortunately, with RMAF, we ran into issues of our sub bass easily bothering our neighbors, and we didn't have that issue at AXPONA. It's probably due to the fact that the walls are better acoustically insulated there. I will also say that we do value your feedback and we are listening.