HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM

lpaschall is on a distinguished road
Can anyone suggest an inwall speaker to compliment the HB-1's?

Everyone,

I would like to use two HB-1's and HC-1 center for LCR setup, a VTF2 for the sub and need some suggestions for speakers that would work well as surrounds. The HSU speakers will be in a 123" Entertainment center and I need in walls for the other 4 surrounds. I was thinking maybe the Sonance, Polk, or the Klipsch Synergy in walls since they are also horn speakers.

I really want to try the HB-1's but my next choice is the polk RTi bookshelf speakers with matching center and the timber matched Polk in walls. Still think I will stick with the HSU sub over the Polk sub.
Old February 26th, 2009, 3:06 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Hey lpashall,

We will be coming out with horn in-wall speakers later this year. So you can always start with the front three speakers for now, and then add the horn in-wall's when they are available (hopefully within the next 2-4 months).

Sincerely,
Old March 4th, 2009, 8:58 AM

BrianM is on a distinguished road
in-walls

Pete,

I have been in contact with HSU for over a year regarding the HB-1 in-walls. Each time I have had a response that they will be available in 2-3 months by either Dr. HSU or yourself. I noticed that you said hopefully another 3-4 months again. Is this realistic, or do I need to look into other in-walls? I want to go with HSU I don't know how much longer i can wait.
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hsu Research

I hear you Brian, I am frustrated about it too because I can never get a straight answer about availability I'll make one last-ditch attempt to get an answer, and will report back later today or tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Old March 6th, 2009, 4:28 PM
Hsu Research

Hi guys,

The powers that be expect the In-Wall horn speakers to be available sometime this summer. I take that to mean at least 3-4 months from now. Of course, no guarantees, but that's the latest info that I have.

Sincerely,
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:28 PM

Thanks for the response. Please keep us informed on any news, and I will see how much longer I can hold out.
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:37 PM

nottaway is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpaschall View Post
Everyone,

I would like to use two HB-1's and HC-1 center for LCR setup, a VTF2 for the sub and need some suggestions for speakers that would work well as surrounds. The HSU speakers will be in a 123" Entertainment center and I need in walls for the other 4 surrounds. I was thinking maybe the Sonance, Polk, or the Klipsch Synergy in walls since they are also horn speakers.

I really want to try the HB-1's but my next choice is the polk RTi bookshelf speakers with matching center and the timber matched Polk in walls. Still think I will stick with the HSU sub over the Polk sub.
If I were going with in-walls and bookshelfs I would stick with timber matched setups. Crossover, materials, and design differences could result in a poorly integrated system.

There are probably many out there that would integrate with the HB1s but without home audition its hard to tell. I like the idea of sticking with speakers "matched" to each other. Klipsch also has some impressive bookshelfs that will match their in-walls.

Personally I have been blown away with the set of EMPs I recently purchased. They are supposed to be coming out with in-walls soon. Probably the discontinued models of RBH/Destination Audio. Looks like that is what they are doing with some of their other speaks like the EF30s I purchased. I think RBH sells inwalls and bookshelfs which should integrate well as well.
Old March 11th, 2009, 9:39 AM

in-walls

Pete,

I was intending on getting all in-walls, but after some thought, I think I am going to purchase the L/R/C to get by until the in-walls come out. I know I have been pestering you guys for a while now for the in-walls, but I think the real wood finish will match my decor well. However, I am still going to purchase 4 in-walls for surrounds when they become available because I want the sound to match. I'm looking forward to getting the L/R/C to go with my ULS-15, it has been a while since I have had quality sound. I sold my old towers with the intent of replacing them shortly after, however it didn't happen like I wanted. I just want to make sure that at some time in the near furure I will be able to complete my setup with the in-walls.

Brian
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hsu Research

Hey Brian,

That sounds like a great plan, and makes a lot of sense too. So sorry that the release date kept getting pushed back and that you guys were getting strung along in the process.

The wood veneer units are very pretty, and the front speakers are definitely the most important by far.

Sincerely,
Old March 31st, 2009, 7:47 PM

OSUBeaver is on a distinguished road
Can you comment on the approximate price point of the in-wall?
Old March 31st, 2009, 9:23 PM
Hsu Research

Price will be less than $400 per pair, as far as I know...