HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Audio Equipment for Sale
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 22nd, 2009, 8:46 PM

WesM867 is on a distinguished road
STF-2 w/ manual, 2nd owner - $155

I just bought a used Stf-3 so this sub has to go. I have had this less than a year. I'm the second owner. I have taken great care of it. It has one small nick on the left top side and a couple very light scuffs on the front only seen in certain lighting conditions.

I will need to bring it to the local UPS store after the sale to have them package it as there is no way I'm fitting that large of a box into my car. They charge around $25 for this. They told me to ship to Oregon (furthest US distance) it would cost about $75 so nearly $100 total shipped. Also would be glad if someone local wanted it or for a small fee I could deliver within 75-100 miles.

Also, I have an Auralex Subdude I bought less than 2 weeks ago that I will let go for $40 or can include in sale of sub for $35 extra.

I'm located in Milton (near Pensacola) Florida. This is Northwest FL near Alabama. Shipping to lower 48 US only.

Thanks, Wes M.
Old November 25th, 2009, 4:21 AM

Dmzguy is on a distinguished road
SOLD!

If this is a black STF-2, I want it; consider it sold.

I'll pay the $155 + Shipping, but I live in Dublin, Ireland and would REALLY like it shipped directly to Dublin.

If it can't be shipped to Dublin, I can have it shipped to my in-laws in Indiana and then I can ship it again from there to my address in Ireland over Christmas.

Adam
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:47 PM

Sorry but the subwoofer sold today for $155 to a local fellow. Thanks for your interest and I wish you luck in finding this sub for sale again. They are hard to come by. People don't sell these very often which says a lot about how good Hsu is.
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:28 AM

I'm really starting to hate life...

Come on HSU! You had a sale on this subwoofer 2 ish Christmases ago, why not one more? The shipping and import duty costs of getting this subwoofer to Ireland are already painful enough, just $50 off the normal price and I can buy one direct; I simply can't justify the cost otherwise.

Adam
Old November 26th, 2009, 8:14 AM

There is one on ebay now. You'll have to find out if the seller will ship to you.
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:40 AM

tedjack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmzguy View Post
I'm really starting to hate life...

Come on HSU! You had a sale on this subwoofer 2 ish Christmases ago, why not one more? The shipping and import duty costs of getting this subwoofer to Ireland are already painful enough, just $50 off the normal price and I can buy one direct; I simply can't justify the cost otherwise.

Adam
Hi Adam. I sold my STF-2 a few weeks back and bought a Outlaw Audio LFM Compact and a LFM-Plus. The LFM-Compact is on sale now for $339.00 shipped. You might want to check them out. www.outlawaudio.com
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedjack View Post
Hi Adam. I sold my STF-2 a few weeks back and bought a Outlaw Audio LFM Compact and a LFM-Plus. The LFM-Compact is on sale now for $339.00 shipped. You might want to check them out. www.outlawaudio.com

Well, at first I'm a little shocked and find it in appropriate that you would post about an HSU competitor on HSU's forums, but then I notice that the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Compact is statistically identical (and if I'm not mistaken designed/manufactured by HSU Research) to the STF-2 except it's $10 cheaper currently, has free shipping, over 10% more power than the STF-2 and I'm actually appreciating the recommendation a lot!

(Certainly makes me wonder why HSU can design/manufacture the LFM-1 Compact, and sell it to Outlaw Audio, and Outlaw can mark it up and make $$ and still sell it for this price, but HSU can't discount the STF-2 any further...)

Thanks for the recommendation, Tedjack! I think you just saved me some $$ and some hastle!

Adam
Old November 30th, 2009, 4:55 PM

nottaway is on a distinguished road
I agree with you the outlaw components look to be rock solid and a great bargain.

I myself have been one mouseclick away from the purchase of some of their products.

Buy one and invite me over to demo it.....

Everyone close to me either has Velodyne or Hsu..... Variety is the spice of life but here there is none.
Old December 4th, 2009, 7:05 AM

YES!! Thanks HSU!! I just saw the STF-2 go on sale! Order coming this weekend; you've made it a very happy Christmas for me indeed.

Anything special I need to do at order time to request that the jumper is set to European power before its sent to me?

Adam