HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Become a member Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What % HT/Music do you use your system for?
> 80/ 4 9.09%
80/20 10 22.73%
70/30 8 18.18%
60/40 4 9.09%
50/50 3 6.82%
40/60 0 0%
30/70 8 18.18%
20/80 2 4.55%
10/90 2 4.55%
0/100 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
What & HT/Music do you use your system for?

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

What & HT/Music do you use your system for?

FYI, this poll has also been posted at the Home Theater Spot.

Thank you all for your participation!

Sincerely,
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:46 AM

wid is on a distinguished road
I have two different systems.One I use for 100% music and the other is 100% H/T.Both use 2 different Hsu subs.
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Hsu Research

Wid, do you spend approximately equal time using both systems? Feel free to list the attributes of the primary listening system (the system where one spends most of their time at).

Thank you
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:30 AM

95 Silver TA is on a distinguished road
Peter,
I do about 75 to 80% Home Theater and 20-25% Music....I love my VTF-3, it does music very well, and does a Fantastic Job on Movies. Eventhough, I dont use my sub that often for music, I would not have gotten the VTF-3 if it was not so musical. It's was a great selling point for me to have sub that does Both EXTREMELY WELL, that and the fact that every article and review I have read stated that it was a great sub and not boomy at all.

Keep up the great work but please dont change the sub too much where it looses its musical potential.

Thx,
Claude

Last edited by 95 Silver TA : February 7th, 2005 at 2:19 PM.
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hsu Research

Good afternoon Claude,

Thanks for the awesome support! Getting a chance to read thoughtful and enthusiastic posts such as yours really makes us smile every day

Dr. Hsu first started creating high output and low distortion subwoofers mainly for 2-channel audio, to add a good low frequency foundation to high quality main channel loudspeakers. Fear not, sound quality should be even further enhanced in future versions of our products.

Thanks again
Old February 7th, 2005, 2:20 PM

95 Silver TA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Marcks
Good afternoon Claude,

Thanks for the awesome support! Getting a chance to read thoughtful and enthusiastic posts such as yours really makes us smile every day

Dr. Hsu first started creating high output and low distortion subwoofers mainly for 2-channel audio, to add a good low frequency foundation to high quality main channel loudspeakers. Fear not, sound quality should be even further enhanced in future versions of our products.

Thanks again
No..No..No.....

I should be thanking you guys for an Awesome Product! Keep up the Great work.

Claude
Old February 7th, 2005, 2:22 PM

Peter,

I like listening to music more than watching movies.I have the Stf-3 paired with Axiom M80 floor standing speaker.While the Axioms sound really good on their own adding the Stf-3 just makes listening so much more enjoyable.Without the sub the mains do go down pretty low but with it,it's like a whole different setup.I don't know how to explain it to good but with the sub in play the whole system seems more focused.The highs seem better the mids just stand out more and the bass,o man the bass,this sub is incredible.When listening to music like ZZ Topp,Ac/Dc and Rush the kick drum just pounds ya in the chest. When I get into playing some blues tunes I can hear every bass note as it was meant to be heard,this sub is no one note wonder.Like I said I don't know why but I do know what I hear,and it is sweet.

I would like to add my H/T system is the Hsu VT12s and a Hsu Vtf-2.I really haven't been much of a movie buff.Having the Hsu system for our movies has made watching them 1000% more enjoyable.This is an incredible little system that can rival some much larger systems.When we have someone over for a movie and they hear what the Hsu system can do all they can say is WOW.That's the same reaction my family had when they first heard it.This sytems still amazes me everytime I fire it up.

Kudos to Dr. Hsu and his team for such great prducts at such a fair price.

Last edited by wid : February 7th, 2005 at 2:33 PM.
Old February 7th, 2005, 6:38 PM
Hsu Research

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, wid! And do not forget, it only gets better from here
Old February 7th, 2005, 7:47 PM

You can bet I am watching.The wait is a bit tough but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Old February 8th, 2005, 6:39 AM

tafguy will become famous soon enough
Smile

I used to listen to music more than watch movies and I still do. As of today, music is 70% and movie/game 30%.

For stereo/karaoke system, I liked the sound of my B&W DM601s3 over the Ventriloquist V-12 but when I coupled the mighthy B&W speakers with the VTF2-MK2 sub, music has taken a new dimension of bass I haven't felt before. Another reason is the VTF2-MK2 sub is very musical too.

For movie/game, though I have to share the VTF2-MK2 between the 2 systems stereo/HT, I have to give credits for the Ventriloquist V-12 which just makes watching movies and Xbox games with DD/DTS encoding the way home theater/interactive entertainment should be. Yes, it has boosted movie/game time by 15% more than before. At first, I did not plan to buy this marvelous satellite system but end up buying it without hesitation after I have seen how good the sub is. In my personal opinion, coupled with the VTF2-MK2, the Ventriloquist V-12 is simply best with movies though it is also good for surround music too. But you don't want to mix the 2 worlds : stereo/surround which also required different receivers. But don't be surprised, in SACD/DVD-A playback, Ventriloquist V-12 perform also nicely.

But with new technology to come, expect more time to listen to music and watch movies.

tafguy
Old February 8th, 2005, 8:51 AM

DNelms is on a distinguished road
Cool Mostly HT but music seems to be making a strong comeback!

I have been using my system mostly for Home Theater. However with the advent of the DVDa and SACD formats I am starting to listen to a little more music. I also have found that when my wife enjoys music in a movie, she will get the soundtrack and we will spend some time listening to it.

I also tend to move my stuff around alot attempting to find the perfect sub location in my room. Last night I spent around 3 hours of pure music time. I started with the Hsu ventriloquist demo CD, moved on to the Kill Bill vol.1, and Pulp Fiction soundtracks, and ended with Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here'.
Old February 14th, 2005, 7:45 AM

Iceblade
I'd say I am about 80% HT, 20% music... though I hope once everything gets setup correctly in my theater that I will be closer to 50-50. My musical tastes are pretty much heavy metal and jazz... sometimes both mixed. I'm a progressive metal lover first. Some of the bands I listen to include Dream Theater, Symphony X, Vanden Plas, Soilwork, Arch Enemy and Evergrey. I also have ALOT of instrumental guitar cds from the late 80's, early 90's and today. Shred is alive and thriving in my house.

Movie wise, I run the typical action flicks that we've all seen talked about here. I don't get much use out of the theater lately since my DLP RPTV died a heinous death... but the new replacement should be here this Wednesday evening... so I am hoping for a very good out-of-box experience.

FWIW, I am running Paradigm Reference speakers all around... Paradigm Reference Studio 40 (LF, RF), Paradigm Reference Studio CC (C), Paradigm Reference ADP-450 (LSS, RSS), Paradigm Reference SA-25 Inwalls (Left/Right Back Surround), Samsung HL-P5685 56" DLP RPTV, B&K AVR507 v1.0 Receiver (1.4 firmware). My walls are untreated sheetrock painted to match a Kodak 18% grey card. I also use an Ideal-Lume 6500K bias light behind the tv.

Regs,
Jeff