HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Become a member Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 30th, 2015, 1:14 AM

Sal1950 is on a distinguished road
Thank You Dr Hsu

Back around 1992 I was looking for a sub woofer system that could supply the bottom octaves and keep up with my Klipsch La Scalas with VTL Compact 80 monoblocks. I purchased a pair of your 7 foot tall HRSW12s and drove them with a pair of NAD 2400 SS amps in bridged mono mode, claimed 800 wpc short term. The result was a system with dynamics that were just incredible and the bass measured flat in room down to under 20hz WOW. System kept my neighbors hating me for way over 20 years till I retired, sold everything, and moved to FL.
Two weeks ago I received my new Hsu Value 2 5.1 system with Rosenut speakers. Like your HRSW12 this system has totally wow'd me and is providing performance way beyond it's price range. Being driven by a Pioneer 80wpc 5.1 receiver total system performance is amazing. The High End front end is a custom built Linux based music server with many High Def files in 24/96 and 24/192 plus a thousand Red Books, then streamed bit perfect to a Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC-HP Amp-PreAmp then analog on to the receiver.
I've heard many systems costing 10s of thousand of dollars many times that I don't feel would put my new Hsu speaker based system to shame. The satellite speakers sound stunning and the Rosenut finish on them is beautiful, don't how you produce them for the cost. The STF-2 woofer makes the walls pulse in this new small FL home I have and I'm continuing on my reputation of be the most highly disliked person on the block. LOL
You've done it again in the affordable price class and given me a system that now at my age may just possibly be my last. LOL
THANK YOU!
Sal

PS, BTW, last I heard after having new surronds install on the woofers your HRSW12s are still kicking ass in the system of the gentleman I sold them to and he is very happy. Almost 25 years down the road and still kicking out them organ pedal notes.

Last edited by Sal1950 : October 30th, 2015 at 1:28 AM.
Old October 30th, 2015, 3:58 PM
Administrator

Dr_Hsu is on a distinguished road
Glad you loved our old and new stuff!
Old November 25th, 2015, 2:21 PM

Kudos Once More

I've had the Value 2 5.1 system for little over a month now and just had to give you kudos once more.
I saw Jurassic World in a IMax theater when it first came out but wanted to see it again at home and hear it on my system. I rented the BluRay last night and couldn't believe the quality of sound it delivered. The vocals were very clean and detailed and the bass incredible. I pulled out my RadioShack sound meter and was seeing 106+ spl on the dinosaur foot stoops etc. with no signs of overload or distortion, didn't seem like I was pushing it hard at all with my little 80 wpc AVR
Just incredible sound for $1500 delivered in the beautiful rosenut finish.
Thanks again for supplying more quality per $ than I ever thought possible.
This system will be my pride and joy for many years to come.
Old November 25th, 2015, 2:40 PM
Administrator

You are most welcome! Happy Thanksgiving.
Old January 7th, 2016, 3:44 PM

Now Have Dual STF-2 subs

Decided to give myself a XMas/New Years present and added a second STF-2 sub to my Value 2 5.1 system, INCREDIBLE! Still going to do a little more tuning but it's just about there. Bottom end is as tight as you could ask for and playing with position and room mode I've got her close to flat down to -4 db at 20hz in the sweet spots.
Thanks again Dr for such awesome systems at fair costs.

Just listening to Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell singing their greatest duos. After 45+ years the deaths of two of the greatest performers ever to come out of Motown still brings a tear to my eye.
For those too young to remember, Tammi Terrell died at age 24 in 1970 after a hard fought and painful fight with brain cancer. With Gaye, Terrell scored seven Top 40 singles on the Billboard Hot 100, including "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing" and "You're All I Need to Get By". Terrell's career was interrupted when she collapsed into Gaye's arms as the two performed at a concert at Hampden–Sydney College on October 14, 1967, with Terrell later being diagnosed with a brain tumor. She had eight unsuccessful surgeries before succumbing to the illness on March 16, 1970 at the age of 24.
Marvin Gaye tragically was shot to death by his own father at age 44 in 1984.
If you're not familiar with their music try Marvin Gaye's - What's Going On. It is a classic for all time and a testament to Marvin's writing skills.
Also be sure to pick up at least one of the number of Gaye-Terrell Greatest Hits compilations available. No music collection is complete without the great productions of these two awesome artists.
RIP Tammi and Marvin
Old January 7th, 2016, 4:33 PM
Administrator

You are most welcome!
Old October 19th, 2017, 5:32 PM

wilbur_the_goos is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I've had my VTF-15H MK2 for a week now. Replaced an old SVS PC-Ultra cylindrical sub. It was my reward to myself for paying off my mortgage

Got it downstairs without breaking my back, hooked it up to my Emotiva XMC-1 (XLR inputs, of course), and turned everything on. OH MY GAWD! This is sweet, sweet, sweet!

I can't wait till Saturday when I run Dirac on my new setup.

THANK YOU, Dr. HSU and family for such a fantastic product!!!
Old October 20th, 2017, 8:10 AM
Administrator

You are most welcome! Enjoy!
Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:12 PM

A_Shah is on a distinguished road
Smile Input impedence of VTF 15H MK11

Dr. Hsu,
I just had a custom built Don Sach's pre amplifier , it has Two RCA out puts 1 with 1 uf jupiter caps and the 2nd RCA out has 3 uf Theta /Teflon combo
the 1 uf caps will be good to 47K , but I don't seem to find any impedance specs. for the VTF 15H MK11 on your website unless I am looking at the wrong place ?
Asghar