HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Audio Equipment for Sale
Become a member Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM

bdlitzer is on a distinguished road
HSU TN1220HO FOR SALE: 52 inch high subs!

2 tn1220HO subwoofers and the HSU 500W amp with 2 extra crossover modules. These are the big 52" tall ones. Flat response down to 20db at +/-1db with equilization from amp.

Bought in 2001. In storage for 8 of those years in non-smoking home. These are mint and are working perfectly. I still have original boxes, manuals, crossover modules.

I'll let the reviews speak for themselves about these: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speak...9_2741crx.aspx

Will email pictures on request.

Bought for $1800 Sell for $800 or best offer. The AMP alone sells for $750 on the site now...
I am near Chicago. Would charge actual shipping if shipping needed.

Last edited by bdlitzer : February 8th, 2011 at 4:52 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:50 PM

monkuboy is on a distinguished road
Just want to let you know the link you posted to the review doesn't work.
________
GM FAMILY 1 ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by monkuboy : March 8th, 2011 at 8:24 PM.
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM

Thanks

Thanks, it should be fixed now.
Old April 28th, 2010, 8:21 PM

markwrwilson is on a distinguished road
Still available?
Old April 28th, 2010, 8:27 PM

Yes

Still Available.
Old June 10th, 2010, 9:32 PM

tdekany will become famous soon enoughtdekany will become famous soon enough
Still available?
Old June 11th, 2010, 6:43 AM

Available

Still available, I have neglected to put it on eBay.
Old June 11th, 2010, 7:44 AM

More Information

Here is some more information. I have the default crossover modules that came with the system, and also 67Hz and 75Hz. The default modules are either 51Hz or 91Hz(The instruction manual says 91 but I think that is a misprint) Modules for the amp are available on the website for $15 bucks for a certain frequency.

Stored for 8 years because I had children. I used them while our first child was an infant, but then put them away. Our oldest is now nine and just taking them out of storage - so next to no usage - also never used much because I have a wife and she no likey the loud big things that almost go to the ceiling - actually I only used both at the same time experimenting when I first got them - otherwise only used one of them the first year. Storage environment was stable humidity controlled dry clean basement(new construction house) - if you demo, I will show you where they where stored. No smoking in our house.

I have EVERYTHING. original receipts, instructions, original boxes and original shipping boxes.

Also, I have noticed that if you have 2 of these subwoofers it makes a huge difference in the SPL and the ability to even out and boost bass response in a room. Much less dead spots. With 2 you can lower the volume on the amp but still get the punch while they better integrate with the main speakers for music and of course play louder for movies.

These really are in perfect condition. Never tipped over, no snags on socks around woofers. Drivers look new as the day I got them. I don't believe there is even a scratch on the amp anywhere.

One of the main reasons for selling is that I have built a home theater setup in the basement, but these things rattle the drop ceiling so badly that it pisses me off and is annoying. I hope that your place does not rattle as much, or maybe I am just picky that way. Also, I just can't trust the kids not to screw with them. So I am downsizing the sub-woofer.
Old June 11th, 2010, 5:05 PM

RYAN45872 is on a distinguished road
pm sent
ryan
Old June 17th, 2010, 8:58 PM

HSUfan is on a distinguished road
PM sent too
Old June 22nd, 2010, 1:15 PM

duhgrif is on a distinguished road
Question?

Are they still available? Would you sell one with the amp? What payment method would you accept (paypal)? I have one 1220 with a subwoofer amp from Hsu 300plus watts and I could trade the amp to make it possible for you to sell the other one. Let me know. duhgrif@msn.com