HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 3rd, 2010, 5:22 AM

unknownshadow is on a distinguished road
Turbo Charger for VTF3-MKII? (Canada)

Hey guys, been ages since I posted here but I have been happily enjoying my VTF3-MKII for a few years now ;-)

Just wondering if the Turbo Charger was ever released for this sub? I do not see it listed anywhere on the website? Also, is there now an official Canadian Dealer for HSU. I purchased mine from SuperTeck but they seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth???

Any info appreciated! Thanks!
Old November 3rd, 2010, 8:30 AM
Ask for a demo

lradden is on a distinguished road
Wow it's been a loooong time since I've seen you post. Pete, can probably help more, but the turbo was never release the VTF3 MKII(though years ago I put a turbo on a VTF3 MKII even though it hung over the sides about an inch) before upgrading to the VTF3 HO. Also Hsu no longer makes the turbo.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 9:30 AM

Yes it has been a while! I typically lurk around forums when I am looking for advise on a major purchase. But then if I am happy with that purchase I tend to stay away from these places because I get bad cases of 'upgradisis' ;-)

And let's just say I have been more than happy with the VTF3-MKII! I have just recently built a false wall in my HT room, basically cutting off 2 feet, and built a new screen on that wall. And placed all my equipment behind it so the look is much cleaner and nicer. I never liked the look of the turbo charger so never really bothered with it. But now that my sub is hidden I figured it might be a good option to tack on there!

Too bad it is no longer made. Any ideas where I could get one these days? Did it make much difference on your MKII when you had it?
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Ask for a demo

I had the turbo on my VTF3 MKII from April to September of 2006 and it was a nice improvement. In September of 2006 I bought a VTF3-HO w/Turbo and I've had it ever since. Since I bought the HO with a turbo I sold the turbo that I had on the VTF3 MKII. Turbos are pretty hard to come by these days. I just sold my VTF3-HO w/Turbo so you are about a week late, but I was only selling the turbo with the sub.

Here's some pics a comments from back in 2006 when I had the VTF3 MKII with the turbo on it. http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthr...ighlight=turbo

Old November 5th, 2010, 4:59 AM

Yeah I remember reading your reviews back then. Sounds impressive! I just found someone selling a VTF3-MKII locally so I think I am going to try out dual MKII's and see how that goes.

But I'd sure love to find a couple of turbo chargers for these things! Why did Hsu stop making them? I was looking forward to these subs being 'upgradeable' but now it looks like that is not the case!
Old November 5th, 2010, 6:03 AM
Ask for a demo

I had dual VTF3 MKII back in 2006 and you won't be disappointed. Pete mentioned the reason for discontinuing the HO and turbo in this thread. http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthread.php?t=25287

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:47 AM

OU812 is on a distinguished road
You sold your VTF3-HO?

lradden, you sold your VTF3-HO?

Have you upgraded already or are you waiting to see what Dr. Hsu is unveiling on 11/6?

Good to hear from you again...

-Luis
Old November 5th, 2010, 4:54 PM

Yeah I'd be interested to know why you sold the HO as well... only on the HSU forum will you ever read that statement without fear of law enforcement lol!

No wonder I stay away from these places for years on end. You guys would have me flat broke! I'd be living on the streets but have one heck of an HT system!
Old November 6th, 2010, 1:41 PM

Indeed... for me dual VTF3-HO's with Turbo has been the "end all be all". I don't think I'll be buying new subs until those "kick the bucket".
Old November 6th, 2010, 5:52 PM

Ok, so now I know why lradden sold his HO! Question is, are you buying one or two of the 15H's? ;-)
Old November 6th, 2010, 6:27 PM

I am not sure... I just saw the new VTF-15H and my jaw dropped!!! However, I would have to sell both my HO's (sounds funny still to this day...) I know you will be getting one or 2 of those bad boys..
Old November 28th, 2010, 5:50 PM
Ask for a demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownshadow View Post
Ok, so now I know why lradden sold his HO! Question is, are you buying one or two of the 15H's? ;-)
Just saw this thread and your post. Looks like you guys figured out all time ago why I sold the HO w/turbo.

Old December 14th, 2010, 9:33 AM

Kjohn is on a distinguished road
Well I see old friends are still around well guys I have held on to my two VTF3 MKII's waiting for something new to best them I see the new 15 inch subs and they look interesting but my two 3 MKII's still sound excellent I considered the JL Audio F113 but wondered if spending double plus money will get me doulble plus performance. Just heard Micheal Jackson's this is it concert on the 3 MKII's and they rocked. Plus my piano blk subs just look cool upgrade bug go away.
Old January 10th, 2011, 8:07 AM

Lexx2004 is on a distinguished road
unknownshadow, I have 2 Turbo Charger's if you're interested and I'm in Canada (Toronto). Both black and in mint. Send me a PM.