HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 16th, 2005, 2:43 PM

thegoldenhand is on a distinguished road
Anyone here got an extra VT254 (black)?

Hello guys, newbie here. I just got one of the demo units of VT-12 from Compusa today for a good price. The problem is its missing one satellite speaker . Is there anybody here with an extra one that would be willing to sell it to me for a reasonable price (below $40 or something)? Does HSU sell one? How much? Should I keep this speaker set or just return it back? Based on the good reviews for this set I was really convinced to buy it. But now I realize without that extra satellite it just wont be nice. I don't want to buy a different satellite just to complete the set. Also what's a low budget sub that works well with this set? Thanks for your replies.
Old January 17th, 2005, 5:40 AM

octalon7 is on a distinguished road
Sub: Why not stick with HSU? Try out the STF-1 or STF-2 depending on the size of your room.
Old January 17th, 2005, 5:50 AM

frankrizzo is on a distinguished road
I have just purchased my VT-12 system before Christmas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the rear center surround speaker you're looking for? If it is, I am not using mine and would be willing at this time to part with it. I hope you decide to stay with HSU as they REALLY ROCK!! As far as the sub, personally I would go with the STF-2. For the money it can't be beat, but the STF-1 would also work nicely. Let me know what you want to do if this is the right speaker.

Rizzo
Old January 17th, 2005, 8:55 AM

I stuck with the VT-12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo
I have just purchased my VT-12 system before Christmas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the rear center surround speaker you're looking for? If it is, I am not using mine and would be willing at this time to part with it. I hope you decide to stay with HSU as they REALLY ROCK!! As far as the sub, personally I would go with the STF-2. For the money it can't be beat, but the STF-1 would also work nicely. Let me know what you want to do if this is the right speaker.

Rizzo
I guess I'm pretty darn lucky. After some thought I decided to return the set I got from CUSA @ City of Industry. I then went to another CUSA store (Monrovia) and lo and behold, they still got 1 last VT-12 in stock and brand new at that. I paid $129 for it + sales tax. My face lit up with excitement when I saw the guy pull out the VT-12 from the warehouse. I forgot to check though if they still have the STF-2 in stock. I heard they were on clearance for $199. Maybe I'll ask around.
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:40 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenhand
I guess I'm pretty darn lucky. After some thought I decided to return the set I got from CUSA @ City of Industry. I then went to another CUSA store (Monrovia) and lo and behold, they still got 1 last VT-12 in stock and brand new at that. I paid $129 for it + sales tax. My face lit up with excitement when I saw the guy pull out the VT-12 from the warehouse. I forgot to check though if they still have the STF-2 in stock. I heard they were on clearance for $199. Maybe I'll ask around.
You will not be disappointed my friend!!
Good luck to you.

Rizzo
Old January 17th, 2005, 8:57 PM

aBitDisgruntled is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo

Rizzo
Hey if "thegoldenhand" is no longer interested in your VT-12 rear center surround speaker, I'd love to buy that from you to round out my 7.1 system.

You can either reply to me here or email me at aBitDisgruntled(at)gmail.com with an asking price. I have a PayPal account if that is your payment method of choice, and the item would be shipped to zipcode 12018 for shipping cost estimation purposes.

Also, is the speaker the black or silver variety? Thanks alot...

-Jeff
Old January 18th, 2005, 5:18 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBitDisgruntled
Hey if "thegoldenhand" is no longer interested in your VT-12 rear center surround speaker, I'd love to buy that from you to round out my 7.1 system.

You can either reply to me here or email me at aBitDisgruntled(at)gmail.com with an asking price. I have a PayPal account if that is your payment method of choice, and the item would be shipped to zipcode 12018 for shipping cost estimation purposes.

Also, is the speaker the black or silver variety? Thanks alot...

-Jeff
Jeff,

The speaker is black. This is the rear center surround, right? Anyway, I'm willing to sell it to you. Make me an offer as I don't know what it's worth in $$. Emaill me at fmiskov@continentalcarbonic.com.

Frank
Old January 18th, 2005, 8:58 PM

Do you guys know if its possible to paint these speakers housing? I got the black set from CUSA (which I think is the only color they carried). My TV/DVD Player/Receiver are all silver. Any suggestions?