HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Become a member Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 21st, 2012, 5:52 AM

Phonzo07 is on a distinguished road
VTF-15H ..Which subwoofer input to use ??

I'm trying to figure out if I am using the right connection. I find the Subwoofer signal stronger when I use BOTH the Left/Right Inputs on my subwoofer amplifier. I find the signal weaker in comparison and not really strong. I prefer the dual stereo signal.

Is there anything wrong with the way I am doing it?
Was it made for this?
Has anyone else noticed a stronger signal using both of the inputs?? Well stronger Bass??..

I'm curious. I can use 1 input and turn up the amp or use both and leave it as is. GURU'S please let me know..

Thanks,
Old February 21st, 2012, 10:35 AM

JerryMeeker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonzo07 View Post
I'm trying to figure out if I am using the right connection. I find the Subwoofer signal stronger when I use BOTH the Left/Right Inputs on my subwoofer amplifier. I find the signal weaker in comparison and not really strong. I prefer the dual stereo signal.

Is there anything wrong with the way I am doing it?
Was it made for this?
Has anyone else noticed a stronger signal using both of the inputs?? Well stronger Bass??..

I'm curious. I can use 1 input and turn up the amp or use both and leave it as is. GURU'S please let me know..

Thanks,
Based on my understanding, using both the left and right inputs results in an approximate 6dB boost in the input signal, which means you can turn the sub's gain down somewhat to achieve the same sound level. Which is best, using one or both inputs? Sonically, they should be equivalent.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 5:26 AM

Phonzo07 is on a distinguished road
6 db boost?? Wow. Is it more efficient for the Amp to just use one? Or is this ok? Or does it really matter??
Old February 22nd, 2012, 5:42 AM

cacihome is on a distinguished road
Same thing.
Old February 29th, 2012, 7:15 AM

jbramwell is on a distinguished road
Is it true that using both channels from the pre-outs of your amp will increase the output of the sub? I have a single 3.5mm sub-out cable with a Y splitter to both the left and right inputs on the sub. If I unplug one, I do notice a drop in the subs output. Could someone please clarify this? Thanks.
Old February 29th, 2012, 7:27 AM
Administrator

Dr_Hsu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbramwell View Post
Is it true that using both channels from the pre-outs of your amp will increase the output of the sub? I have a single 3.5mm sub-out cable with a Y splitter to both the left and right inputs on the sub. If I unplug one, I do notice a drop in the subs output. Could someone please clarify this? Thanks.
It increases the sensitivity to input signals, not the maximum output capability of the sub. That stays the same. Note that the 15H amp already has so much gain, I would not suggest increasing it's gain any further by feeding signal to both inputs.
Old February 29th, 2012, 7:44 AM

Then what is the purpose of having two RCA inputs?
Old February 29th, 2012, 7:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Then what is the purpose of having two RCA inputs?
For customers who use the sub for two channel stereo systems. They need to feed both the left and right channels signals to the sub.
Old February 29th, 2012, 9:20 AM

My sub (VTF-1) is in 2 channel system, however, as I described in my initial post, the sub out from the amp is a 3.5mm jack to which I have a 3.5mm to RCA "Y" splitter on the sub end. Should I plug both RCA ends of the splitter into the sub or not?
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
My sub (VTF-1) is in 2 channel system, however, as I described in my initial post, the sub out from the amp is a 3.5mm jack to which I have a 3.5mm to RCA "Y" splitter on the sub end. Should I plug both RCA ends of the splitter into the sub or not?
In that case, you definitely need to feed both channels to the sub. Otherwise the sub will only amplify one channel's bass.