HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Become a member Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 22nd, 2014, 5:20 PM

shaolin95 is on a distinguished road
New VTF 15 MK2 or add another VTF15

Long time no post and I just found out about the VTF 15 upgrade due to a local that is selling both his VTF-15H in order to get the new version.
I was wondering, right now I have one VTF-15H and a MWF15 on my HT. Will I be better off just adding a second VTF-15H (selling my MWF15) or is the new version that much better?
Old January 14th, 2015, 8:26 PM

satsam is on a distinguished road
Same question

No replies? I am wondering the same thing. I have a VTF15H and would like to add a second sub. The Mk2 isn't that much more. Will they match up ok? Thanks.
Old January 14th, 2015, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsam View Post
No replies? I am wondering the same thing. I have a VTF15H and would like to add a second sub. The Mk2 isn't that much more. Will they match up ok? Thanks.
Yeah not very reassuring when they dont monitor their own forums for a sale
Old January 15th, 2015, 1:04 PM
Ask for a demo

lradden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Long time no post and I just found out about the VTF 15 upgrade due to a local that is selling both his VTF-15H in order to get the new version.
I was wondering, right now I have one VTF-15H and a MWF15 on my HT. Will I be better off just adding a second VTF-15H (selling my MWF15) or is the new version that much better?
I had the same question as you a while ago. Add another 15H or sell it and get the new 15H MK2. Well after selling my 15H and getting the new 15H MK2 I can tell you that the new 15H is head and shoulders above the MK1. It's not even close. The new 15H truly is like having two of the old 15H. The bass is tighter, the mid bass is so strong the that it really hits hard, and it plays louder without any stress. It's a completely different sub.

Old January 15th, 2015, 2:03 PM

Dang it now you got me thinking.
I got a MFW15 and the original VTF 15so maybe I can sell both and get one but not sure if that will be smart or still keep the MFW15 for extra punch.
Old January 15th, 2015, 3:01 PM
Ask for a demo

lradden is on a distinguished road
I had ordered dual 15H MK2 (to replace my single 15H MK1) and one was damaged in shipping(which Hsu took care of sending me a replacement right away). While I was waiting on the replacement I had at least a week to evaluate the single 15H MK2 vs the 15H MK1. The new 15H moves so much air it's not even funny. On heavy bass scenes like in Die Hard:Live Free Die Hard you literally feel a cool breeze (seated 12 ft away) after the gunshots stop. It's almost like when the heat or AC kicks in with central air and you get that first cool blast.

After a week with the MK2 I kept thinking I don't even need a second one, but hey it's on it's way so it's too late. Two of these is so crazy I can't even describe it.

A single MK2 is one hell of a sub and even though the numbers show a 3-4dB increase(I run 1 port EQ1) that doesn't describe it enough. It's not just a dB increase, its and increase in mid bass, headroom, and the tactile feeling from the MK2 is so much more than with the MK1. It's an upgrade across the board that is heard and felt.

Last edited by lradden : January 16th, 2015 at 8:39 AM.
Old January 15th, 2015, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lradden View Post
I had ordered dual 15H MK2 (to replace my single 15H MK1) and one was damaged in shipping(which Hsu took care of sending me a replacement right away). While I was waiting on the replacement I had at least a week to evaluate the single 15H MK2 vs the 15H MK1. The new 15H moves so much air it's not even funny. On heavy bass scenes like in Die Hard:Live Free Die Hard you literally feel a cool breeze (seated 12 ft away) after the gunshots stop. It's almost like when the heat or AC kicks in with central air and you get that first cool blast.

After a week with the MK2 I kept thinking I don't even need a second one, but hey it's on it's way so it's too late. Two of these is so crazy I can't even describe it.

The a single MK2 is one hell of a sub and even though the numbers show a 3-4dB increase(I run 1 port EQ1) that doesn't describe it enough. It's not just a dB increase, its and increase in mid bass headroom, and the tactile feeling from the MK2 is so much more than with the MK1. It's an upgrade across the board that is heard and felt.
Man you sold me on this!
Time to upgrade
Old January 16th, 2015, 6:56 AM

cacihome is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lradden View Post

The a single MK2 is one hell of a sub and even though the numbers show a 3-4dB increase(I run 1 port EQ1) that doesn't describe it enough. It's not just a dB increase, its and increase in mid bass headroom, and the tactile feeling from the MK2 is so much more than with the MK1. It's an upgrade across the board that is heard and felt.
Yep. What he said! 100%