HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 13th, 2005, 7:39 PM

Drifter is on a distinguished road
New HSU Subwoofers on Ebay?

I am looking to buy an HSU subwoofer. How is the seller VERACIOUS-ONE selling brand new VTF 3 MK2 for under $600? He/she seams to have an unlimited supply of them. I have checked their feedback. They have sold at least a dozen and three are for sale currently. Seems strange to me.
I have seen the thread where the warranty will not be honored, but how are they getting all these subwoofers? Can something be done about it?
Old February 14th, 2005, 8:09 AM

bjurw is on a distinguished road
Yeah, have seen this too. Seems like a good deal. If you notice the picture, these are the "old" lit-logo Subs. Could be that he or she got them from HSU as a closeout deal in mass quantity. Not sure if I would buy though. At the price, it sure seems reasonable though. I personally have not had any problems with my HSU sub and I love it. Actually, I think the price is very good considering the product. Sure, you can find better deals out there ie. used, ebay, etc. My personal recommendation is to order directly from HSU and have the security of the warranty. Plus, they are nice people who have EXCELLANT customer service.
Old February 16th, 2005, 7:20 PM

Newbie 13 is on a distinguished road
http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:45 AM

Kendenton is on a distinguished road
I just got one of these from him, item #5751347236. It is NOT the old-style blue logo model. Box was still sealed, everything was as-new inside. Shipping was fast, no problems at all. A good deal as far as I'm concerned.

And it makes my STF-2 look soooo tiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurw
Yeah, have seen this too. Seems like a good deal. If you notice the picture, these are the "old" lit-logo Subs. Could be that he or she got them from HSU as a closeout deal in mass quantity. Not sure if I would buy though. At the price, it sure seems reasonable though. I personally have not had any problems with my HSU sub and I love it. Actually, I think the price is very good considering the product. Sure, you can find better deals out there ie. used, ebay, etc. My personal recommendation is to order directly from HSU and have the security of the warranty. Plus, they are nice people who have EXCELLANT customer service.
Old February 24th, 2005, 12:08 PM

wid is on a distinguished road
As the link above states

Quote:
Be suspicious about deals too good to be true. We are not sure where internet dealers are getting their products. There have been people calling about HSU stuff they bought on Ebay and other Internet sites.

Let's make this clear: HSU is the place to buy HSU products online. The warranty is not valid for internet dealers, except products bought in packages at Ascend Acoustics.

Although the warranty is transferable, we have the right to refuse warranty service. If a dealer is getting products from another dealer below cost and selling them under the minimum allowed price, the warranty will not be honored.
I personally would not buy a Hsu product but from Hsu direct or in a package form from Ascend as any other internet deal will likely have no warranty.
Old February 24th, 2005, 1:43 PM
Super Moderator

cschang will become famous soon enoughcschang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to cschang Send a message via Yahoo to cschang
I'm with wid....

If I was looking to get a better price, I would call about "b" stock, which I believe is 20% less than regular pricing.

That puts a "b" stock VTF-3MK2 at about $560. You don't get the 30 day money back trail period, but you do get the warranty.
Old February 24th, 2005, 4:28 PM

tafguy will become famous soon enough
I will add that it will also be ok if you know that the web site/store is a certified dealer.

I bought online HSU Ventriloquist V-12 set and HSU VTF-MK2 sub from certified dealer in Canada at below link :

http://www.homedigitalav.com/HSUSubs.html

But somehow the products were shipped directly from certified distributor of HSU products in Canada (Rocelco).

Knowing that it is from certified dealer/distributor, I do know the products come with the warranty if I ever need to return for repair/exchange/upgrade.

This must be part of everyone's process of validating sale credibility. I'm glad that HSU products are sold in Canada otherwise I had to get them from the states. Not all of us live in California, this is one more good reason to make sure the products have valid warranty.
Old February 24th, 2005, 4:44 PM
Super Moderator

cschang will become famous soon enoughcschang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to cschang Send a message via Yahoo to cschang
taf...that is right....we forgot about you guys up there.

Do they have access to "b" stock items?
Old February 24th, 2005, 8:06 PM

Ddavidson will become famous soon enoughDdavidson will become famous soon enough
Another possibility is that those E-Bay units originated from Canada?
Dealers and distribution always have leaks and out the backdoor product, but I dont know of any dealer in the USA besides Ascend and they would not be the source.

Buy from Hsu that way your warranty is guaranteed.

Ddavidson
Old February 24th, 2005, 8:34 PM

Kendenton is on a distinguished road
When I bought my STF, I did it through Hsu, and was happy with the experience. $749 was a bit too much of a reach for me to upgrade to the VTF. I was looking on eBay for used ones, as a lot of my HT gear has come from there. I realize that a VTF purchased over eBay is not going to be guaranteed, but I looked at it like buying a used one with zero wear. For the $120 savings I'll take my chances. Not everyone would agree, but it's not like we're talking about a $5,000 pre-pro.

I'm not trying to start anything here, believe me.

We bought a new washing machine the other day at Sears. The salesman talked up this particular front-loader as being #1 in consumer reports, best one they make, last forever, better quality parts than the other one, etc. OK, sold. Now he starts ringing us up, and starts the pitch for how we should buy the extended warranty, you never know what can go wrong, etc. It struck me as odd how one minute the product is rock-solid perfect, and the next I'd better spend another $250 because it could break any minute.

I know everything can break, no matter how great the build quality is. I wouldn't buy a Lexus that didn't have a warranty. Maybe it's a testament to the quality of Hsu subs that I didn't consider the lack of warranty a concern. I was concerned about the eBay transaction, so I checked that the seller had excellent feedback (he did), and I e-mailed him a few questions beforehand, which he answered.

I did not know about the B-stock, or I might have bought one from Hsu directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddavidson
Another possibility is that those E-Bay units originated from Canada?
Dealers and distribution always have leaks and out the backdoor product, but I dont know of any dealer in the USA besides Ascend and they would not be the source.

Buy from Hsu that way your warranty is guaranteed.

Ddavidson
Old February 24th, 2005, 8:48 PM

edm is on a distinguished road
There is a waiting list for B stock and i'm on it for the VTF3. I have no idea how long before one is available, so i will prolly order the STF3 soon.
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:40 AM

octalon7 is on a distinguished road
Ken, its pretty simple, Sears and anyone else in sales wants your money, they more often than not don't care about you personally. I thought this was a given?