HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 9th, 2012, 2:47 PM

Tahoe is on a distinguished road
Arrow VTF-3 HO Switch Failure?

Hello,

I visited last year, July 18th 2011 about this same issue. At that time the power switch stopped functioning. After cycling it a few times it started working again normally. You suggested that I leave it switch to the on position...which is where it has been since.

When I left for vacation recently, I unplugged the sub. When I returned, the sub would not turn on after plugging it in. I cycled the switch a few times with no result. Checked the fuse and it is okay.

What is your advice? Anything I can try?

BTW...very happy with the sub when it is working!

Thanks in advance.
Bruce
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Ryan_Hsu is on a distinguished road
Hi Bruce,

The last time you had the problem with your subwoofer it was caused by a faulty signal auto detection, which is easily bypassed by leaving the switch to the on position.
The current problem you have now may not be the same; does the LED on the back of the amplifier turn on? If so what color is it? Try plugging your subwoofer directly into your DvD player (volume at min and slowly increase it), do you get any output?