HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Setup and Placement Recommendations
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 24th, 2005, 2:05 PM

new_to_bass is on a distinguished road
Question on speaker stands and brackets

Greetings, all! I've been reading the HRF for a little while, and feel like I know many of you great folks already...

I just got a silver VT-12/STF2 system yesterday, but have not yet heard it in action. (Yes, that's right, Candi at Hsu found me a silver STF2 at "the distributor", so there may be hope for anyone that wants another one of them in silver...) Now I'm waiting for a receiver I bought on eBay, and working through wiring, speaker placement, calibration, and a myriad of other exciting issues!

As a first step I'm grappling with the thorny issues of speaker placement and mounting. Aesthetics, acoustics, ease of installation and finances are all things I need to consider, as I'm sure we all do to varying degrees...

I'm considering the Atlantic 77335067 speaker stands in titanium for my front l/r speakers, as they'll flow well with the room aesthetics, adjust to 48" maximum (nearly the same height as my center channel speaker atop the TV), and they're relatively affordable, at about $30.99 for the pair (shipped) from buy.com.

You can see them here at:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...2&loc=111&sp=1
I'm also looking at the Atlantic SPB03 wall/ceiling brackets in titanium for the surround speakers, at about $10.00 or less for a pair.

See these ones at: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...7&loc=111&sp=1

My primary question; does anyone know whether these stands and brackets will support the (versatile) VT-12 mounting system without the use of velcro or double-sided tape? I'd prefer to use the threaded mounting holes on the VT-12 satellites wherever possible.

Second question - does anyone know if the Atlantic SPB03 will allow the speakers to swivel 90 degrees so as to be parallel to rear wall of the room?

Based on recommendations online, that's the mounting placement that I'm really trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance for any information that you are able to provide.

I've got lots of other questions, so I expect to be posting more in the days to come.

Thanks for all the great information you've all already placed here, it's been extremely helpful (and frankly, I probably would've bought Paradigm Cinema 110 speakers if not for the Hsu Research Forum, and the passion that you all bring here - so thanks in advance!!!)
Best regards,
-Glenn
Old June 25th, 2005, 5:54 AM

tafguy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_to_bass
Second question - does anyone know if the Atlantic SPB03 will allow the speakers to swivel 90 degrees so as to be parallel to rear wall of the room?
Glenn,

Welcome to the club! Here what I have as setup for my Vents! Other may use different brackets or simply screws/nails.

I use these units to mount back Vent sats in below link:

http://www.racksandstands.com/prods/...r/0PVP0026.htm

Price is for one unit, you may need two or more, depending on your setup. I bought them as a package of two. They do have silver but not titanium, which go perfectly with the Vents in silver.

For the price of the Atlantic SPB03, I doubt that you can make rotational adjustments. If you need that kind of position like I did, you must buy similar brackets but this is the kind of price that you have to pay for.

Check out how I mount them in one of my old thread!

http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/sho...ghlight=tafguy

Old July 12th, 2005, 11:17 AM

new_to_bass is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I took your advice...

tafguy, I took your advice, and got the Vantage Point SAT-S mounts in silver.

BetterBuyElectronics had a great price on them, I got 4 for about $48.00 shipped. They look like a versatile, well-built solution....

I have not yet hooked everything up, I'm still (!) waiting on a receiver. My ebay deal turned out to be a bum deal, so now I'm looking into a refurbished Onkyo from J and R.com.

Once I get it all together, I'll be sure and post my response to the Forum.

Thanks again for your help.
-Glenn