HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 5th, 2009, 6:06 PM

easye9inches is on a distinguished road
Any chance of a new speaker?

Newbie here! Long time listener, occasional browsing of posts, first time posting!!!!

I been rocking my cheap, but descent Sony speakers for about 8 years now. Had the vtf-2 for about 4-5 years till it stopped working (power on, but nothing else). I got the vtf-3 mk3 w/ turbo now. Original Onkyo 506 as my receiver. RCN box, and PS3 hooked up via HDMI from receiver to the Sony 52xbr4.
Now, I want to get new speakers, preferably Klipsch. I do love the HSU speakers because I would love to have all matching. My question is... WILL THE DR EVER MAKE/RELEASE/PROTOTYPE A TOWER SPEAKER!!!!???

I am only wondering because 1) the sub powers over these cheap speakers. More importantly 2) I am missing SOOOOOOO much more detail.

I hope I can get some input!
Old March 5th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Hi easye,

We generally feel that the most cost-effective route is to go with a nice subwoofer + bookshelf-type speakers.

The HB-1 MK2's will definitely not be overpowered by the subwoofer! They should work extremely well with your VTF-3 MK3

Sincerely,
Old March 7th, 2009, 9:40 AM

thank you!
Old March 7th, 2009, 2:47 PM

new_to_bass is on a distinguished road
Easye9inches...

I own the Ventriloquist VT-12 speakers, and despite their small size, they are very impressive...

I would never have questioned their ability or performance. However, I had the pleasure of visiting southern California a couple of weeks ago, scheduled a visit to Hsu Research, and Pete was kind enough to audition the HB1-Mk2s for me, and I was absolutely BLOWN Away!

The VT-12 are smaller, and probably easier to integrate into a room, style-wise. I also have them in silver, which goes well with my furniture.

However, in terms of detail, soundstage, impact, in all these areas the HB1-Mk2 speakers were head and shoulders above my Ventriloquist speakers (no offense to the VT-12 speakers).

The HB1 speakers are larger, more expensive, and a little more imposing in terms of style in a room, but well worth the additional cost, in my opinion, having heard both.

So, I've now got a terrible hankerin' for a set of the HB1-Mk2 speakers!

My very strong suggestion is - don't be misled by their small size, and definitely do NOT buy any tower (or any other type of) speakers until you've heard both of the Hsu Research speakers - I can promise that you will not be disappointed.

And if you can swing the HB series over the VT series, do it! You'll be thrilled!

Hope this helps,
-Glenn
Old March 7th, 2009, 6:31 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Thanks for chiming in Glenn, you are a good man
Old March 12th, 2009, 3:22 PM

Thank you for the input! Honestly, I never heard of HSU until sound and vision review the original sub I had way back. I took a chance an got it on ebay, and loved every minute of it. Same goes for the new sub I have. So, i can not listen to the speakers since I am from PA, and I doubt anybody has them for display.
This is for anybody out there. I really like klipsch speakers. So, how do the mk2 speakers stack to theirs? I read some review on them and they said they were awesome for the buck, but not as good as some other speaker. But that speaker was a $3000 one I think. Was a long time ago, on this site http://www.ultimateavmag.com/ .
Please, all input would be great! Does HSU have speaker package deals for 7??? What about the back, built in hooks or what? GTG, c u later!