HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 30th, 2006, 7:49 PM

ThomasV is on a distinguished road
VTF3-HO

Let's play a game.
Let's pretend I am an elephant and I am sitting in a room full of people.
Alright, go.
Old August 30th, 2006, 9:11 PM

jmprader is on a distinguished road
I don't get it.

...trying hard to be a subwar pacifist
Old August 30th, 2006, 10:26 PM

JonnyOzero3 is on a distinguished road
huh?
Old August 31st, 2006, 5:34 AM

J.Royce Baron is on a distinguished road
You didn’t give enough information ~ are you Indian (Elephas maximus) or African (Loxodonta africana)? Nevertheless, the notion of this “game” seems to stem from the Equus asinus family.

Old August 31st, 2006, 10:05 AM

JimLely is on a distinguished road
It's a phrase or expression that roughly means something that is impossible to overlook but that nobody knows how to deal with it or what to do about it.
Old August 31st, 2006, 2:54 PM

majorloser is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasV
Let's play a game.
Let's pretend I am an elephant and I am sitting in a room full of people.
Alright, go.
Are you trying to say the HO is ugly? Or stands out like an elephant?

If so, you don't have to buy one.

Personally, I think it looks fine. I just wish it was available in rosewood.
Old August 31st, 2006, 3:16 PM

rushwj is on a distinguished road
i don't think he's referring to its physical appearance, rather it's a saying as explained quite well by Jim. i think it's likely that it will soon cease to be the elephant in the room as the new drivers are due in very soon and will hopefully ship shortly thereafter (making everyone happy and giving them something to talk about ).
Old August 31st, 2006, 7:50 PM

Oh, I assumed it was negative.

That "unsubscribe" button is looking rather tempting...

Last edited by JonnyOzero3 : September 1st, 2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old September 1st, 2006, 9:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOzero3
Oh, I assumed it was negative. Oops.

That "unsubscribe" button is still looking rather tempting...
I think that it was intended to be negative. (The phrase usually is used in that context.) Is ThomasV the Thomas'V' in SVS?

Last edited by JimLely : September 1st, 2006 at 9:43 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:49 AM

Ddavidson will become famous soon enoughDdavidson will become famous soon enough
http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/ima...ons/icon10.gif

Ddavidson
Old September 1st, 2006, 8:20 PM

jmprader is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLely
I think that it was intended to be negative. (The phrase usually is used in that context.) Is ThomasV the Thomas'V' in SVS?
Funny the reference should appear. Knowing that Tom and his partner regularly check out the competition, I hope he will confirm this is not his doing, publicly or privately. If it is his post, I am sickened.

...trying hard to be a subwar pacifist
Old September 2nd, 2006, 2:35 PM
Super Moderator

cschang will become famous soon enoughcschang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to cschang Send a message via Yahoo to cschang
The poster's previous two posts were not necessarily constructive or informative, and when answered, there was no follow-up.

According to his profile, he was online Thursday morning, so he saw at least a few posts after his initial post.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 4:35 PM

ThomasV is on a distinguished road
I just got back into town. Folks, I just want to know what is going on with the HO and why no one is talking about it.
JimLely got what I was saying, but I wasn't trying to be the riddler or Tom from SVS or even Tom Riddle.

Seriously, I was hoping for reviews and the ability to have purchased this unit w/o having been on the waiting list. I wanted to do this all around June/July. Am I the only one disappointed in the wait? This is like Outlaw with their 950 which ended up strangling itself at birth.

A 1 year delay w/o end is the elephant and the rest of us are ignoring it, b/c we can't do anything about it.

Any more attacks and I might as well be in the SVS forum talking about any other sub.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 5:46 PM

ddanont is on a distinguished road
ThomasV hit the nail right on the head. I haven't posted much but been following the forum for a long time. As a matter of fact, I have been on the VTF3-HO waiting list since late 2005. I never owned a HSU sub but have heard so much good things about them. Even from those who got the defective HO units have good things to say about it.

It has been nearly a year, & I am still patiently waiting for the new sub's release. While I'm sure many people's patience ran out, mine is simply running very thin. But all it takes is occasional & consistent information from HSU, to show signs of progress & provide word that things are moving. This would make waiting much easier & understandable.

Yet there are tons of us, sincerely waiting to support HSU's new product, & we don't have a single clue of what is actually going on. "Two weeks from now" seems to be the typical & esoteric response every few month or so, with regards to receiving the new drivers. But I'd rather get a brief update every Friday from Peter, telling us that the sub is still not ready for shipment & there are no specific delivery dates. In my opinion, it's just plain common courtesy.

Suddenly, I feel as though I am being strung along. Adverse events happen, & I sure won't want to purchase a defective sub. But just tell me what's going on, as opposed to the typical silence, cryptic responses, or ignoring the giant elephant all together (per ThomasV). I know the folks at HSU have good intentions & the biggest vested interest at hand. However, this is not how I would handle public relations. Brief but REALISTIC & CONSISTENT update is all I ask!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 7:53 PM

JHixson is on a distinguished road
I feel like we are the Elephant and the information is the people but they are ignoring us. I decided to get a HSU last December and then found out about the HO. I waited til early January to order and was not minding the wait until my old sub blew a couple months ago. I would also like regular updates. Even if they said there is no change, or we are doing whatever, just to create a little excitement. In another thread earlier today I thought I saw a post from Peter that said the drivers were in and they all had to be tested. No mention of how long the testing might take, how many drivers they had or if all the other parts were available.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 9:01 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Hello everyone,

We just got ~200 XBL^2 drivers, and still need to inspect all of them. Amplifier modifications have already been done on the amps in the office. No hard shipping dates, but as long as the drivers look fine, then we should be good to go. I'll let you know as soon as we get to that point.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 9:29 PM

TACO666 is on a distinguished road
No ship date needed here. Just let me know. I'll pick the dang thing up. I pass by HSU 6 days a week on the beautiful 91. PreOrder # 06174 chiming in!
Old September 4th, 2006, 9:16 AM

new_to_bass is on a distinguished road
I haven't been on this Forum in a long while, but the last time I was here (months ago), everyone was still waiting for the VTF3-HO.

It's funny that a comment about how we can't ignore the delays in delivery of these subs (the elephant in the room) should be perceived by at least one person as a snipe by a SVS fan.

Let's not be so territorial or protective, people...

The question was a perfectly good one. Even big fans of Hsu have the right to ask questions, and even raise valid criticisms from time to time, if they are intended to promote improvement in the product and/or company.

And the recent comments about frequent informational updates are completely appropriate, in my opinion. (okay, back to lurking...)

And I really do love Hsu subwoofers!
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Everyone needs to lighten up, I think that Jim's statement was intended to be a joke
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Marcks
Everyone needs to lighten up, I think that Jim's statement was intended to be a joke

It indeed was a joke. I own SVS and Hsu subs and have great admiration and respect for both companies. I think that ThomasV's observation (question) was a reasonable and appropriate one to pose.

Jim
Old September 4th, 2006, 2:56 PM

Bill Odom is on a distinguished road
Wink

I don't give a flyin #*&% about no 3 HO. All I care about is a darn turbo for my VTF 3. So ,I have to wait for all the 3H0 to be shipped with new driver/amps before I get my chance to play.
I check in every now and again and read all the belly akin about the 3HO and it's ordeal, and wonder, why. We VTF 3 PEOPLE have to wait longer.
Old September 4th, 2006, 7:01 PM

J.Royce Baron is on a distinguished road
The OP style of posting is noted from elsewhere ~ Moral Fiber is not his best trait ~ I just got back into town......also, folks.
Old September 5th, 2006, 12:58 AM

Eddie Horton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Royce Baron
The OP style of posting is noted from elsewhere ~ Moral Fiber is not his best trait ~ I just got back into town......also, folks.
What does that mean?
Old September 5th, 2006, 7:34 AM

He didn't leave town? lol I dunno.