HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 1st, 2012, 12:24 PM

skoda42 is on a distinguished road
VTF2 Mk4 for Organ Music

Hello all. I just upgraded to a new VTF2 Mk4 from HSU (very excited) after a quick talk with Pete (very helpful) about my room size. I mostly listen to Pipe Organ tunes, and was wondering what config any of you have found best for very low frequencies? Looks like the best two options are bass extension with one port open and bass extension sealed. Any preferences out there? I searched the forum and could not find anything specific. Also, any reco's on Q setting? Very excited to join the HSU owner ranks and thanks in advance for any info.

Bill
Old February 1st, 2012, 4:32 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Hi Bill,

For pipe organ music, I would run the subwoofer with 1 port plugged. Then you can experiment with EQ1 vs. EQ2 and high Q vs. low Q to get a more deep bass heavy or less deep bass heavy sound.

Sincerely,
Old February 2nd, 2012, 5:33 AM

skoda42 is on a distinguished road
Thanks Pete! Very excited to receive it. The reviews have been great and as with many people here, its about the biggest thing I can squeeze in the space. Also ordered an Auralex Gramma, which dimensionally seems almost built for it and gets good reviews here. I am an apartment dweller in manhattan and like my neighbors too much to ruin things
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM

moparz10 is on a distinguished road
Congrats bill ,i received mine just a few days after yours and am just as pleased. noticed you had mentioned the Auralex GRAMMA i had heard of it but between work and the new sub had not thought of it.