HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Speakers and Subwoofers
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM

bzmanbass is on a distinguished road
ULS 15 poll

For all you lucky ULS owners, what speakers do you use with your ULS(s) and how do you feel they integrate with your sub(s)?
Thanks, BZB
Old June 14th, 2010, 4:07 AM

manu4panjab is on a distinguished road
hey bro i can't comment yet coz mine not arrive yet so what about u do they integrates well with ur system
Old June 14th, 2010, 6:26 AM

Sounds Good to me

But what do I know
I have the Mirage OS3's and they seem to keep up with the 15's pretty well.
By the way check out my graphs on the "fine tuning the ULS DD" thread.
These babies take some work to get set up right but your efforts will be rewarded, I know Pete and Jerry will be able to help a lot with your setup
Thank you, BZB
Old June 14th, 2010, 3:58 PM

hjones4841 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzmanbass View Post
For all you lucky ULS owners, what speakers do you use with your ULS(s) and how do you feel they integrate with your sub(s)?
Thanks, BZB
Klipschorns and the ULS-15s are an excellent match for the fully loaded horn bass of the K'horns.
Old June 15th, 2010, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjones4841 View Post
Klipschorns and the ULS-15s are an excellent match for the fully loaded horn bass of the K'horns.
I've only gotten to listen to the Klipschorns (the full size corner-loaded) one time. I still remember the amazing realism!
Thank you for sharing, BZB
Old June 15th, 2010, 8:44 AM

shadyJ is on a distinguished road
I use Hsu HC-1's for front stage and HB-1's for rear, they match up very well, as you might expect. Any decently made speaker ought to match up with these subs though, the only speakers which wouldn't would be ones so bad that the bass from the subs is noticeably better than the rest of the sound.
Old June 15th, 2010, 9:09 AM

WhskyTangoFxtrt is on a distinguished road
Mirage OMD-15s and OMD-C1 across the front with (2) Hsu MBM-12s. OMD-5s on the sides and OMDRs in back.

I moved the OMD-15s and C1 into the room almost 3' and lost some mid-bass in the compromise, so I added the MBM-12s to help out.

We're getting there.
Old June 15th, 2010, 2:57 PM

hjones4841 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzmanbass View Post
I've only gotten to listen to the Klipschorns (the full size corner-loaded) one time. I still remember the amazing realism!
Thank you for sharing, BZB
I actually have four K'horns - a 1998 set for the front and a 1978 for the rears. A Belle serves as the center. Add in a Quad Drive and I have no trouble reaching any sane (insane?) SPLs.

Everyone has their own opinions on speakers; horn loaded speakers are polarizing with love/hate opinions. But mine are staying put until it is time to move into the nursing home.
Old June 15th, 2010, 4:57 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
I can confidently say that ULS-15 DualDrive works extremely well with the HB-1 MK2's
Old June 15th, 2010, 5:07 PM

hometheatergeek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjones4841 View Post
I actually have four K'horns - a 1998 set for the front and a 1978 for the rears. A Belle serves as the center. Add in a Quad Drive and I have no trouble reaching any sane (insane?) SPLs.

Everyone has their own opinions on speakers; horn loaded speakers are polarizing with love/hate opinions. But mine are staying put until it is time to move into the nursing home.
I'm with you Harry. Not giving up my Klipsch Forte II any time soon. Oh look that rhymes.

My Current System
My Blu-Ray Collection