HSU Research Forum (HRF)  

Go Back   HSU Research Forum (HRF) > Hsu Central > Hsu Research - Setup and Placement Recommendations
Forum Help Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 11th, 2011, 10:24 AM

nyc2socal is on a distinguished road
Need to unplug RCA and replug for LFE?

So this happens more often than not. When my AVR sends a signal to my VTF-2.1, the light turns green but has very little bass output (even on heavy bass movies). To get the right level of output, I would need to unplug the RCA from the sub, and replug it in. On insertion, the sub would "burp?" and I would get the illustrious bass I expect. Any thoughts on why this is happening?
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Hi nyc2socal,

This could be a sign that the amplifier will be in need of some servicing soon.

If you lower the volume knob on the VTF amplifier, and increase the subwoofer channel level on the A/V receiver, does that help at all?

Thanks
Old November 11th, 2011, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Hsu View Post
Hi nyc2socal,

This could be a sign that the amplifier will be in need of some servicing soon.

If you lower the volume knob on the VTF amplifier, and increase the subwoofer channel level on the A/V receiver, does that help at all?
I have tried that before and it did not help. When I just turned the sub on, to test, the sub was on, but I hear an almost wind like buzzing noise, when bass is put through the sub, its "flappy" or "echo-y"? Sorry for the non-technical terms, but I don't know how else to describe it?

What would servicing require? I live in Irvine, and bought this sub almost 10 years ago out of your shop in Anaheim.
Old November 11th, 2011, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2socal View Post
I hear an almost wind like buzzing noise, when bass is put through the sub, its "flappy" or "echo-y"?
Oh, forgot to mention, this is the second time the sub behaved like this in the last 2 weeks.. Never happened before, so maybe it is time for some servicing?
Old November 13th, 2011, 4:47 PM
Hsu Research

Pete_Hsu will become famous soon enoughPete_Hsu will become famous soon enough
Feel free to give us a call, and we will discuss options for repair or replacement.

Thanks!
Old November 13th, 2011, 9:09 PM

Thanks Pete! I'm away on business, but should be back in town on Thursday. Will give you a call Thursday afternoon!